By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GC Remakes = Nintendo buying the 3rd parties some time.

Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I wouldn't mind if the Wii weren't completely backwards compatible. This is just a scam.

See, DTG, this is how you disagree with Nintendo while not being a liar.

And in response to this post I am going to play the living Hell out of Metroid Prime with Wii controls. It's almost impossible to find the damn game new anyway.

Are they re-releasing Echoes? Cause I'd totally buy that... (never played it :P)

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I wouldn't mind if the Wii weren't completely backwards compatible. This is just a scam.

See, DTG, this is how you disagree with Nintendo while not being a liar.

And in response to this post I am going to play the living Hell out of Metroid Prime with Wii controls. It's almost impossible to find the damn game new anyway.

Are they re-releasing Echoes? Cause I'd totally buy that... (never played it :P)

I think so, yes. I could be wrong, but I remember that being one of the titles.

Third parties had their chance this holiday season and for the most part they've blown it.

You guys aren't really getting the Wii either. The Wii was made for me. I am their target audience. I did not have a GameCube. I missed some of these games. I am also not an asshole who hates the past, and I enjoy playing classic games that I missed out on, whether it's 2 or 20 years old. These games won't just be sloppy ports. I will now get to use IR pointing instead of an analog joystick. I hate analog joysticks and prefer to use a mouse. Using an IR pointer is better than either method. Now I can point and click. It will be perfect for Pikmin 2 and Metroid Prime 1. If I am the only one who buys this game, it will be a success.

@DTG, will you feel the same way about remakes in the future when you're paying for a deluxe remake of MGS4?

Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I think so, yes. I could be wrong, but I remember that being one of the titles.

You're right, they are. I'm hoping it's a two-pack with the original, but it'll likely be a stand-alone.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The Wii's target audience are naked people. That's good to know.

Just as long as he's not using that Wii-brator software........

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

These Sony fanboys forget: some of these games people didn't buy, and aren't really available now. I don't see this porting as a bad idea at all.

@tres> You don’t want them don’t buy them mate. Some of the games on GC weren’t plaid buy allot of people and this gives them (the games) another chance to sell to them. There are quality remakes and anything from Nintendo is.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Actually my son had a GC but the only game he had that's being ported to Wii is Metroid Prime. Never had DK, Pikmin, Mario Tennis or even RE for that matter. So even for a former GC owner most of these titles are still 'new'.

Now I could goto the store tomorrow and get a GC version of RE & RE0 - there are on the shelves used, and I'm tempted, but I know I won't play them cause it'd mean being shackled to the Wii with a gamecube controller and having to sit on the floor. I'm not doing that. That was okay as a kid, but I'm not doing that now. 'side's I prefer the Wii controls to dual analog. I'd rather pay a little extra a have a Wii version. Too bad that the RE ports are only in Japan.

Gamerace said:
Actually my son had a GC but the only game he had that's being ported to Wii is Metroid Prime. Never had DK, Pikmin, Mario Tennis or even RE for that matter. So even for a former GC owner most of these titles are still 'new'.

Now I could goto the store tomorrow and get a GC version of RE & RE0 - there are on the shelves used, and I'm tempted, but I know I won't play them cause it'd mean being shackled to the Wii with a gamecube controller and having to sit on the floor. I'm not doing that. That was okay as a kid, but I'm not doing that now. 'side's I prefer the Wii controls to dual analog. I'd rather pay a little extra a have a Wii version. Too bad that the RE ports are only in Japan.

You are one of the few people I have ever seen say that.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."