By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Weekly Predictions - Black Friday Edition

Its Black Friday Week! One of the craziest days across the USA.

For our international predictors, who aren't aware of this wonderful day that typically starts anywhere from 12AM to 7AM (depending on the store) here is a video from youtube at 1AM

Although people go crazy this week, it doesn't always mean it will be the highest sales of November, but there is a very good chance (last year black friday fell on the 30th and sales were slightly down from 11/25).

Anyways, we have 2 new games this week, as most new games try to get out before now to get maximum holiday sales.

• Chronno Trigger (DS)
  • Sonic Unleashed (X360)

>> Make your prediction here <<

Ask questions and general discussions vvvv down there

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Wii-500k
360-300k
ps3-150k

I'm contemplating putting over VG$10k into this round

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

I never understood this, when does exactly (if it's possible, in GMT) the round close? Because I've had trouble entering on Wednesdays, so I tend to enter on Tuesdays, but not always last week charts have come in by then

zexen_lowe said:

I never understood this, when does exactly (if it's possible, in GMT) the round close? Because I've had trouble entering on Wednesdays, so I tend to enter on Tuesdays, but not always last week charts have come in by then

Right now, we are 5 hours behind, so that would be Wendesday 5AM GMT.

Around the Network

Wii - 841k
PS3 - 445k
360 - 450k

I went to the mall last year on Black Friday, CRAZY PEOPLE, But I didn't have much money.

^_^

nordlead said:
zexen_lowe said:

Right now, we are 5 hours behind, so that would be Wendesday 5AM GMT.

Ok, thanks, so that would be 3AM on Wednesday here

Returns aren't good enough for me to predict anymore. I liked it better when the VGC bucks weren't involved.

I must be the most stupid guy on earth, but what the hell is black friday? Is it the day before the end of times or what???

Tremble said:
I must be the most stupid guy on earth, but what the hell is black friday? Is it the day before the end of times or what???

The day after Thanksgiving in the US, when most people start their Christmas shopping.  It's called Black Friday because many retailers and manufacturers operate the entire year at a loss, but crazy sales during this period help them get "in the black" for the entire year.