By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 car list. No longer it is taking so long.

This thread is over a year old buddy.

Around the Network
your mother said:
vizunary said:
i don't think your going to get a Jeep Wrangler Ben, sorry, heh

@your mother, yes, forza 2 has damage modeling, but it DOES NOT affect handling proportionatly. if it was put into GT the cars would become undriveable too quickly. but yes, about the manufacturers reason doesn't sound right. but calling polyphony lazy is bullshit, they put more time into GT than any other dev i've ever heard of.

I honestly don't think GT (3 at least) handles car physics that well either. Their tyre modeling sucks (but then again, so does Forza's and their car physics isn't exactly stellar either).

I still call Polyphony lazy - not in their car modeling skills which IMO beats Forza's hands down - and looks downright stupefying. I agree that they put an inordinate amount of effort in making the cars look as nice as they do, which is why as a developer they are considered the best in car modeling, period. My main issue with the game has always been the lack of damage modeling, and that's the only reason I call slack on Polyphony.

I mean, come on - it's been how many iterations of the game and this essential feature in a racing simulation isn't even included? For that reason alone it cannot be considered a driving simulation. 

My understanding is that the problem is accurate damage modeling. It would seem many car manufacturers would rather not let it be known how easily their million dollar cars rollover.