By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony defeated?

This year PS3 has been outsold by the Wii and DS by a wide margin, however it has usually been outselling the 360 throughout 2008. This now has changed with360 price cuts and new online service for 360, and now 360 is outselling PS3, so can Sony pull of a miracle and fight back?

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Around the Network

Why hallo there!

2008 so far (According to VGC)=
Wii = 17,418,234
Xbox = 7,104,519
PS3 = 8,033,837

1 Mil ahead dah ps3 kind of is ( 900 or something ). My point is Sony got a solid start, Now 360 has the end ( OR WHO KNOWS XD That might change ). If the 360 wins xmas it will probably get a solid start and then PS3 takes at xmas and we get a solid start at 2010. Etc etc, Same happend 2007 i belive. ANYWAY we have awesum ghames cuming like GT5 , GoW3, WKC, KZ2, ''Home''(Which i belive can boost sales there are sims addicts over the world ya know XD), M.A.G ( The idea of 256 players can make someone go wauw DAH CELL PERHAPS? lol.. ). And more stuffz..

I think the PS3 in the end of the generation (Which will be late 2011 i think) Will have better sales then the 360 with atleast 1 mil. Then sure it can be more but im pretty positive it will beat it atleast.

On another thread someone said If xbox didnt have the year ahead the diffrence between 360 and PS3 ( Gap ) is 400K...
And thats a console thats double the price of the leading one.

I think Sony will counter one way or another im sure they will ''succed'' And ofcourse they will lose alot cash as they have from the start of this gen XD not only from PS3 but heck Economy is Economy XD.

Microsoft probably also have stuff up their sleeve we'll just have to wait and see!

Thread #594508450948305980538509840953845084958340 on this topic....

Yes, they can. With... *sigh*

-a price cut
-exclusives.

I don't know how many times I've said that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Aldro said:
Why hallo there!

2008 so far (According to VGC)=
Wii = 17,418,234
Xbox = 7,104,519
PS3 = 8,033,837

1 Mil ahead dah ps3 kind of is ( 900 or something ). My point is Sony got a solid start, Now 360 has the end ( OR WHO KNOWS XD That might change ). If the 360 wins xmas it will probably get a solid start and then PS3 takes at xmas and we get a solid start at 2010. Etc etc, Same happend 2007 i belive. ANYWAY we have awesum ghames cuming like GT5 , GoW3, WKC, KZ2, ''Home''(Which i belive can boost sales there are sims addicts over the world ya know XD), M.A.G ( The idea of 256 players can make someone go wauw DAH CELL PERHAPS? lol.. ). And more stuffz..

I think the PS3 in the end of the generation (Which will be late 2011 i think) Will have better sales then the 360 with atleast 1 mil. Then sure it can be more but im pretty positive it will beat it atleast.

On another thread someone said If xbox didnt have the year ahead the diffrence between 360 and PS3 ( Gap ) is 400K...
And thats a console thats double the price of the leading one.

I think Sony will counter one way or another im sure they will ''succed'' And ofcourse they will lose alot cash as they have from the start of this gen XD not only from PS3 but heck Economy is Economy XD.

Microsoft probably also have stuff up their sleeve we'll just have to wait and see! <3

Yeah I know PS3 has sold well this year but are falling behind as apparently 360 is now selling more

Can the ps3 pull off a miracle fightback?

hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

Can Dolly Parton sleep on her front?

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe PS3 will sell better when price goes down

Ofc it will and PS3 sold more then xbox until like october, THen we saw some xbox doom threads aswell. So just be patient XD soon it be xbox turn then ours again.

stovo said:
Ronster316 said:

hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe PS3 will sell better when price goes down

I'm sure it will sell better with a price cut, but how many potential customers are going to have the patience to wait for the ps3 to go down in price when they can play great games for half the price on a rival console?

Aldro said:
Ofc it will and PS3 sold more then xbox until like october, THen we saw some xbox doom threads aswell. So just be patient XD soon it be xbox turn then ours again.

Yeah I hope that PS3 overtake 360, but I am not sure on the chances of it beating the Wii, I hope so though

10 bucks bet that we will see 100 "x360 dead"threads when Sony cuts the price in 09 and get big spikes.