By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any word on splitscreen/co-op for Killzone 2?

I have no doubt that it'll be a great game, but I'll be dissapointed if splitscreen isn't included. It'd feel like a waste of so much potential to not add those two features, especially the splitscreen. I say this because they've already mentioned including bots - 3 to 4 player splitscreen can be abit dull sometimes, but with a 30+ player limit and bot support, it can be something amazing.

I remember hearing somewhere that they'd only add co-op if they feel they can do something unique with it. I'm not really expecting them to add those features, but it'd be a huge boost to replayability for many.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

Ive wonderd the same o.o its a 1st day purchase for me but PLEASE GOD dont go motorstorm 1s path with no split!

Please give us a REsistance 2 + warhawk experience let me play CO-OP! Lemme FIGHT ALONGSIDE MAI FRIEND(S).
Pleash g0d! Pleash Gorrillaz Gamezzz! XD

My understanding is KZ2 will never have co-op singleplayer or with bots. Yes its sad they don't include these features. And its sad when companies take out features that the first game had that the second one does not.

Many games do this, just look at R2, its missing many features and online options and modes the first one had.

I dont give a damn about bots they suck anyway XD i just want to play online with my friend on same console split or perhaps a singleplayer. :(( Plz gorrillaaaaaaazZZZZ!

Btw does anyone really know if REsistance 2 co-op SP is actually over 100 hours as they said O_O!?

It'll have no splitscreen.

It's possible they'll try to patch it in after launch. GG are pretty good at listening to their fans, so if enough people ask them, they might try to include it.

Around the Network

Lets hope then :D

Parasitic said:

I have no doubt that it'll be a great game, but I'll be dissapointed if splitscreen isn't included. It'd feel like a waste of so much potential to not add those two features, especially the splitscreen. I say this because they've already mentioned including bots - 3 to 4 player splitscreen can be abit dull sometimes, but with a 30+ player limit and bot support, it can be something amazing.

I remember hearing somewhere that they'd only add co-op if they feel they can do something unique with it. I'm not really expecting them to add those features, but it'd be a huge boost to replayability for many.

That's interesting. SCEA said exactly that about God of War.

Hmmmm...

Of course, I can see co-op fitting into KZ2 a lot better than GoW3, but I suppose the latter could work if implemented in an interesting way.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

O_O If GoW 3 has Co-Op .. wauw i cant imagine it lol XD

Old news obviously, and probably not even confirmed but here it is anyways:

http://www.psu.com/Killzone-2-to-feature-bots,-will-receive-co-op-post-launch--a0004623-p0.php

I'm getting really tired of the lack of multiplayer options for PS3's FPS exclusives. Stuff like this really does make me wanna get a 360, especially for Halo 3 which has all the basic multiplayer functions that every FPS should have. One of the reasons I bought a console instead of upgrading my junk PC is cause I got tired of not being able to play with friends whenever they come over - taking turns on a 17 inch monitor can get lame fast, even if the games are awesome. Everytime a great game comes out without splitscreen, it kinda makes me regret getting a ps3 a little more.

The 360 is currently beating the PS3 when it comes to multiplayer/social features, which is abit dissapointing since playing with people you know can make a game much more fun.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:

Old news obviously, and probably not even confirmed but here it is anyways:

http://www.psu.com/Killzone-2-to-feature-bots,-will-receive-co-op-post-launch--a0004623-p0.php

I'm getting really tired of the lack of multiplayer options for PS3's FPS exclusives. Stuff like this really does make me wanna get a 360, especially for Halo 3 which has all the basic multiplayer functions that every FPS should have. One of the reasons I bought a console instead of upgrading my junk PC is cause I got tired of not being able to play with friends whenever they come over - taking turns on a 17 inch monitor can get lame fast, even if the games are awesome. Everytime a great game comes out without splitscreen, it kinda makes me regret getting a ps3 a little more.

The 360 is currently beating the PS3 when it comes to multiplayer/social features, which is abit dissapointing since playing with people you know can make a game much more fun.

Na-Ah :D

Get the right games? ;D

Some games dont have Co-Op but u cant really imagine Co-Op in it. SOme gays were just ga* to not have it. Such as Motorstorm 1. But Kz2 must have it :/. Thx for the link btw!<3

Dont worry just get some games that are good playing together i had alot of fun with friends on Warhawk, Resistance 2(beta), etc.. YOu just gotta get the right games. Some games such as MGS4 would be.. strange in MP i think cool if one would play raiden and one snake but cmon.. lol