By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The amount of campaign levels, the multiplayer, the memorable weapons, and the graphics were great, and the music was engaging.

It was awesome to play with 2 brothers and a friend.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

^^Everything or Nothing is fantastic--though it can't be compared to Goldeneye since it's a different genre. More Gears of War than Goldeneye.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Is that the third person game? I saw some friends playing it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I tried out my copy of Goldeneye 007 recently and I wasn't exactly blown away. I loved the control scheme but I found the single player to be too short, the boss fights were mediocre and I'm not a fan of offline multi-player FPS deathmatch. Personally, I'd rather play some Quake, Half-Life or Duke Nukem.

TruckOSaurus said:

Damn this is thread is giving a craving for some Goldeneye multiplayer. I'd also like to say that anyone who picked Oddjob is a coward!

In one on one matches, I'd let my friends pick Oddjob and I'd be Jaws.

It made their loss sting so much harder.  They hated me.

Around the Network

Mm, GoldenEye was the first game I played when I got my N64.

I was playing it for ages, it was hours before I got to play Mario 64 or Zelda:OoT. I can't describe how awesome I felt when I'd just turned it on and had started on the first level.

why goldeneye is one of the best game ever. besides the fact it was a game to in my opinion the best bond movie ever (not including the new one cause i haven't seen it yet). it had a very ong entertating campaign, i think like 30 or more missions (most bond games have like 12), the level designs and AI were beyond that time period, but wat really made goldeneye truly great was its multiplayer

the level designs, variety of characters, huge variety of weapons to use, there is so much this game has that if it came out today upscaled to 1080p it can be easily the best selling game this gen

i have no idea what made it a fabulous game as i did not like it at all

stof said:
Golden Eye was the premier CONSOLE FPS. Oh sure I preferred Turok, but Turok didn't have multiplayer. Until that point, Console FPS's were just attempts to mimick PC FPS games. Remember Hexen 64? Crap that game was almost unplayable. But Goldeney gave the console it's own FPS identity. Oh sure, Console FPSs only lasted a very short time before Halo brought back the trend of making console shooters as close to PC shooters as possible (the differnece being that this time, it actually did it fairly well), but for that brief time, a Console FPS was it's own fabulous experience.

As for the other bond games not recapturing the magic. That's because Goldeneye was a great GAME. The license was irrelevant.

Because Rare lost the liscence after Goldeneye and have not been able to make another Bond since.

but yeah to reiterate. Multiplayer,  and it wasn't a complicated game either.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Facility and only proximity mines = win.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.