By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console had the Best Exclusives in 2008?

I thought it was just 2008? there's a lot of games previous to 2008 on that list.

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
I thought it was just 2008? there's a lot of games previous to 2008 on that list.

he created a new list and stated so in the top of his post

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

f we consider the no. i would say x360, on the other hand, f we consider quality i would say PS3

Not an easy choice.

What I do know though is that I tend to play the PS3 games for much longer periods of time. LBP for example has had me hooked since the day I bought it, Oct. 25th.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Kantor said:
jkl2207 said:
Gears of war, Prey, Mass Effect and left 4 dead are not exclusives they are available on PC.

360-PC games are generally accepted as 360 exclusives.

Console exclusives, I suppose. We're not counting exclusives, we're counting console exclusives.

Well, apparently Left 4 Dead and World of Goo were removed from the list (or just not included) because they're available on PC. So,  shouldn't Gears of war and Mass Effect be removed too ?

Around the Network

I remember playing through Gears of War and a bit of Mass Effect on a PC. I also remember getting a loan of Twilight Princess for the Gamecube. These lists are flawed.

I like how the the title is " Which Console had the Best Exclusives in 2008?" and people are trying to get rid of the 360/PC titles and WiiWare/PC titles. I went to metacritic and started making a list, but I can't finish it until I get home. The list of 2008 PS3 and 360 exclusives list looks like this:

PS3
LittleBigPlanet - 95
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 94
Resistance 2 - 87
WipEout HD - 87
Valkyria Chronicles - 86
MLB 08: The Show - 85
SingStar - 82
(Metal Gear Online - 82)
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - 81
MotorStorm Pacific Rift - 81
Buzz! Quiz TV - 81
Gran Turismo Prologue - 80
Disgaea 3 - 78
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 78
SIREN: Blood Curse - 78
SingStar Vol. 2 - 75
NBA 09: The Inside - 63
SOCOM: Confrontation - 61
Haze - 55

Xbox 360
Gears of War 2 - 93
Braid - 93
Geometry Wars 2 - 90
Rez HD - 89
Portal: Still Alive - 89
Fable II - 89
Left 4 Dead - 89
Ikaruga - 88
(Naruto: The Broken Bond - 83)
Tales of Vesperia - 82
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - 82
Castle Crashers - 82
Ninja Gaiden II - 81
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 78
Lost Odyssey - 78
Scene It? Box Office Smash - 76
Culdcept Saga - 75
Lips - 71
Infinite Undiscovery - 68
Too Human - 65
Spectral Force 3 - 59

Wii (I'll edit it in later.)

@xeroxm3

People are complaining about the inclusion of Xbox/PC and WiiWare/PC titles for good reasons. The PC versions typically have superior graphics, controls and in many cases exclusive content and mod support. This means that a console version of a game that is also available on the PC is usually an inferior product available on a platform that most hardcore gamers have access to. Left4Dead for example is a game that I would not consider picking up on the PS3 if that option were available simply because the PC version would be superior by default.

bouzane said:
@xeroxm3

People are complaining about the inclusion of Xbox/PC and WiiWare/PC titles for good reasons. The PC versions typically have superior graphics, controls and in many cases exclusive content and mod support. This means that a console version of a game that is also available on the PC is usually an inferior product available on a platform that most hardcore gamers have access to. Left4Dead for example is a game that I would not consider picking up on the PS3 if that option were available simply because the PC version would be superior by default.

That doesn't change the fact that the only console Left 4 Dead can be played on is the Xbox 360. While the PC also gets a copy that doesn't make the 360 version void just because graphics and controls are superior on the PC. By that logic every single multi-platform game that performs superior on the Xbox 360 would make the PS3 version pointless. Yes, there are people that will get Left 4 Dead on PC but there will also be probably about a million people that only play it on 360. It seems really foolish to try an exclude titles that are also on the PC on the sole basis that they "can" look prettier and control better when the console versions don't play or look bad at all.

xeroxm3 said:
bouzane said:
@xeroxm3

That doesn't change the fact that the only console Left 4 Dead can be played on is the Xbox 360. While the PC also gets a copy that doesn't make the 360 version void just because graphics and controls are superior on the PC. By that logic every single multi-platform game that performs superior on the Xbox 360 would make the PS3 version pointless. Yes, there are people that will get Left 4 Dead on PC but there will also be probably about a million people that only play it on 360. It seems really foolish to try an exclude titles that are also on the PC on the sole basis that they "can" look prettier and control better when the console versions don't play or look bad at all.

I still think it's silly to slap the term exclusive on a multiplatform title simply because one of the platforms it happens to be available on is the PC. It's not like the 360 and PS3 don't compete directly with the PC.