By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rock Band outselling Rock Band 2

For RB1 owners, RB2 is a slight upgrade with a bundle of new songs added to the same game. People can just spend the $60 downloading specific songs they would rather have via DLC.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
For RB1 owners, RB2 is a slight upgrade with a bundle of new songs added to the same game. People can just spend the $60 downloading specific songs they would rather have via DLC.

....That is also a good point.

I think the problem for RB2 Wii is that the RB1 full kit is selling for $99. Most Wii owners don't even own RB1 so why would they spend twice as much for RB2? Their pricing is all screwed up. They should have just included RB1 with the RB2 kit.

FishyJoe said:
I think the problem for RB2 Wii is that the RB1 full kit is selling for $99. Most Wii owners don't even own RB1 so why would they spend twice as much for RB2? Their pricing is all screwed up. They should have just included RB1 with the RB2 kit.

Rock Band 2 isn't out for the Wii for another few months, my man.

Khuutra said:
FishyJoe said:

Rock Band 2 isn't out for the Wii for another few months, my man.

That's another massive screwup too LOL!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Well, yes, it is almost certainly overkill too (or at least saturation for rhythm games), though I imagine that will reflect less on the Wii version of World Tour than the others - I expect it to pass up the 360 version within a month, actually. Should be interesting to watch.

I'd be shocked if it hadn't already, to be honest.

Even if the original Rock Band has a huge price advantage, it's still pretty embarrassing for it to be outselling its sequel. Imagine if in its 9th week, Call of Duty: World at War was being outsold by Call of Duty 4.

MontanaHatchet said:
Even if the original Rock Band has a huge price advantage, it's still pretty embarrassing for it to be outselling its sequel. Imagine if in its 9th week, Call of Duty: World at War was being outsold by Call of Duty 4.

Usually I'd agree, but as WiiStation360 correctly points out, this is a unique case. Rock Band 2 is Rock Band with different songs. Rock Band has been releasing new songs via DLC on a constant basis. Heck, you can use the DLC you purchased for one game on the other. There's almost zero reason to plunk down serious cash on this one: Rock Band 2 is essentially a bunch of DLC being released at once. If I were a Rock Band afficianado, I'd skip buying the sequel, and keep cherry-picking which songs I download.