By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Umm, is the forum slow/down most of the time for others?

Umm like, half the time I go here it's almost impossible to get to the forum from the front page. This has been the case for the past few weeks.

And there's only 693 users on right now.

This place needs a massive server increase if it's to grow. 

Around the Network

Fine for me up until about 1800 users now.

Ya sometimes it's a little slow. And I am on high speed cable.

I'm talking about I come to the vgchartz front page and clicxk "forum" and it usually takes FOREVER to go there. or just doesn't go at all.

I mean it's terribly slow all around right now though, even when I'm in the forums, say going to a different subforum , posting, or doing anything is like molasses.

Sometimes it works in spurts, that's when I do my posts.

I mean just now, after this post, I clicked "forum" at the top left to get out. For about 15 seconds, nothing happened. So then I clicked website discussion, again nothing appeared to be happening. So then I clicked edit to write this, after about 4-5 seconds it worked.

I'm wondering if it's a firefox problem?

Edit2: not firefox, I just tried IE.

This time I clicked forum, website discussion, after nothing happened, I clicked edit, and it took probably two minutes to allow me to edit.

I cant be the only one..I've also noticed what seem to be nobody posting for a while? 

I'm on 1.5 MegaBytes Per second and it runs smooth as.

Around the Network

It's running ok now but yesterday it was down for hours. Right after I made my last post the site became down for several hours. I even got a couple 500 server errors so I know it wasnt all on my end (some of it might have been on my end).

And I know it wasn't just me because nobody replied to this post for hours. And I know at least ioi was interested. 

I haven't been able to access the forum index page for a while now either. I've tried in safari and firefox and had the same problem. Rest of the site loads up fine.

ioi - Question:

Why not just intergrate a PHP UBB instead of your custom version? Wouldn't that be a little bit quicker and easier to use?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Occasionally slow to load some pages but quickly recovers so not really a problem for me.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.