By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Home Now Looking Old?

NXE is a menu system with an avatar, while Home is an MMO. How can you even attempt to compare the two graphically? It's ridiculous. If you are talking about functions, well again I don't see how the two are very related at all.

Around the Network

Torillian said:
NXE is a menu system with an avatar, while Home is an MMO. How can you even attempt to compare the two graphically? It's ridiculous. If you are talking about functions, well again I don't see how the two are very related at all.

No, Home is where grown men and women get to play dress up, play house, and host tea parties then try to justify it because it is done electronically instead of with a doll house and dolls.  On a side note I wish Microsoft would have left Live alone.  They took away it's simplicity and have added a lot of clutter.  Maybe I'll like it more over time, but the only thing that I like so far is the hard drive installs. 

Pipedream24 said:
Torillian said:

No, Home is where grown men and women get to play dress up, play house, and host tea parties then try to justify it because it is done electronically instead of with a doll house and dolls.  On a side note I wish Microsoft would have left Live alone.  They took away it's simplicity and have added a lot of clutter.  Maybe I'll like it more over time, but the only thing that I like so far is the hard drive installs. 

try using the Guide to get around.   the guide seems to have everything on it and they have implemented the blade system with it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

psh....like people need justification for dress up and tea parties. Coincidentally Pipe, when will you be joining myself and the staff for crumpets and a pretend runway show. It's gonna be super manly.

Around the Network
Pipedream24 said:
Torillian said:

You can dress up your avatar..

On a side note (not sure where else to complain), I actually think the Mii's are more advanced then the Avatars due to the fact that you could move facial features around. Avatars are actually simpler Mii's with an HD look...

Not that I really care, cause I think Pipedream's right, who cares what your "doll" is wearing when playing Gears of War 2/Left 4 Dead??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I really don't give a shit about either one :S

NXE - Other than installing games... I could care less, the avatars look like Mii ripoffs to me....

Home - Is this thing ever coming out???? Seriously?????!!!!! The game lobbies are the only plus I see...

4 ≈ One

Home should have been out a year ago. Even if its better than the NXE sony still has to play catch up again.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

can you attend E3 conference(gaming conference in general) from your coach with NXE and play exclusive on the floor demos?

I would get it if you tried comparing the 360's NXE with PS3's XMB because they are pretty much the same thing... and I like both.

I'm not so sure how you get into comparing NXE with Home. I haven't tried that Gulliver's Travel thing but maybe it's close to what Home is trying to achieve?

I haven't tried Party Chat either, but it seems like a good idea since I heard you can chat with up to 8 people no matter what they are doing. I'm more into playing the games I buy than engaging in MMO SIMS. If I could level up my Home character to blast stuff from my hands then it would be pretty cool.