By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are there hardly any N64 Virtual Console Games?

I'm not sure how well it would hold up today, but Beetle Adventure Racing was definitely fantastic in its release window, particularly compared to the rather mediocre host of competing N64 racing titles.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
VonShigsy said:

eTell me about it, i'm still waiting for Beetle Adventure Racing.

Oh I hate you so much. I had completely forgotten about this game, but now I'm jonesing for some adventurous beetle action.

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:
VonShigsy said:

eTell me about it, i'm still waiting for Beetle Adventure Racing.

Oh I hate you so much. I had completely forgotten about this game, but now I'm jonesing for some adventurous beetle action.

That sounded so wrong and yet so right at the same time.

We need Beetle love nintendo, cmon you already ESRB rated the title, so release it already!

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

i wanna sell my copy of beetle adventure racing. anybody that has an n64 want it?

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Maybe nintendo is scared people might realise how good their games used to be and download those instead :P

my theory is that the fewer N64 titles there on VC, the less people will use the classic/GC contoller, hence letting people use the wiimote more, and the point of the wii is to demonstrate how "DIFFERENT" the Wii is.. just a theory i might be completely off the mark here

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

I think it could be an issue dealing with the limited amount of space available on the wii.

Where is the space to put them all?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Lower profit margins on the games themselves (they require actual work to convert/emulate). Other stuff already mentioned (fills up space quicker, can't use the memory pak, etc.) Also don't neglect the factor that they want to milk the earlier games before releasing the sequels. An example of this is F-Zero, with the N64 version out the SNES version is barely selling at all.