By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Don't want to play

i already have a wii and i can play on my nephews wii if my wii breaks down, no need for another wii

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

@ Esa...we're cowards..because ya know..I need to try and play manly games to feel the testosterone..since I obviously lack it..

KZ2 and Halo3 for me!

so..ofcourse I get offensive! I want to feel like a MAN!

Wow. You replaced the word we with the word Wii. You are a genius!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

deathcape said:
@ Esa...we're cowards..because ya know..I need to try and play manly games to feel the testosterone..since I obviously lack it..

KZ2 and Halo3 for me!

so..ofcourse I get offensive! I want to feel like a MAN!

I don't think that you are a coward if you don't like halo or killzone. Don't worry. You don't need to play those games to have some testosterone!

@ Esa yes yes I know..it's why I play Imagine : Babiez and EA sports: Active!
they get me so many chicks! nevermind that the game is shovelware!! it's great!

Around the Network

I am not going to buy a used Wii.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

amp316 said:

And your point being?

Why would I buy a system that is going to ruin gaming as we know it?

Who wants motion controls anyway? I'm much more content sitting in a recliner smashing buttons.

Mario? Zelda? Please, Nintendo, you can only milk your big franchises for so long.

Nintendo surely got themselves into a mess this gen. Yep, what a mess.

blazinhead89 said:
amp316 said:

And your point being?

My point is that it is the least clever thing that I've seen in a while and that's saying a lot.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

321tttrini4everz said:
nope...i mean, the system cost $200 to make at launch...imagine what it is worth as of now.....
nintendo making $50+ off of me ? no way !

So the only things you will spend money on are those that cost the manufacturer/provider more than they cost you.... that leaves you with the PS3 and the British rail network.

I also must presume you have no jewellery or clothes because even the cheap stuff costs the customer at least double what it does to make... and the better quality items will set you back many multiple times what their base value is.

As has been said before, value does not equal the sum price of components.... value is what price a customer is willing to pay for an item. Thus the Wii is slightly more than twice as valuable as the PS3 because it sells twice as much (actually nearing on thrice as much for recent weeks) so if you want to put what is a rather stupid argument into the discussion and equate the prices in a price:sales ratio.... the Wii would still have a higher value than the PS3 because more would still be sold if they were the same price.

36.62 million @ $250 = $9,155 million

11.03 million @ $400 = $4,412 million
5.86 million @ $550 = $3.223 million

Total = ~ $7.635 million
(can't be accurate due to price changes, but will be in the ballpark. I made the price split at the release of the 40GB, but there were some sales at $500 for the 80GB after that time, but before that nearly all sales were at $500 back until the 20GB disapeared, at which point most sales were at $600 because 60GB sold more than 20GB (especially in Europe) so the average of these sales is likely nearer £500 than $600, but I used $550 anyway)

Of course that doesn't include stores cutting prices of the PS3, here in the UK at least I could easily find a PS3 at £10-30 cheaper than it's current price (and those going for the RRP had additional store bundles thrown in like extra controllers and games) wheras the Wii was be scalped only to be re-sold at double or more of it's RRP in the worst times.