By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others numbers adjusted....

WOW....like WOW, I did not see this one coming. I thought that the 360 price cut wasn't going to do THAT much of a difference in others, but looks like I was wrong. Well, that plus one of the most hyped up games this gen in Gears 2 will give u sales like this. PS3 back to 6 mil behind, if it continues like this, PS3 may be down 7 mil by Jan, maybe even more!

Around the Network

Feck!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

This is great for Microsoft, especially going into the holidays.

Though part of the boost is most definitely due to both Left 4 Dead and the CoD5 bundle.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The holiday season shopping is starting to pick-up, and people are going to look LONG and HARD at the $199 pricec point and look to go with the 360, even over the Wii imho. Is the 360 going to top the Wii....not very likely, but it's going to rob a few sales, but it's really the PS3 that's going to take the brunt. The PS3 isn't selling bad, and compared to last year, it's doing better, so from a financial standpoint, Sony might hold pat and save the price cuts until next year, when they get production cost down...but of course it might a little too late to really move ahead in terms of catching 360 and Wii. The ultimate goal is to make money, not some bragging fest.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

dolemit3 said:
I think CoD WW is a real console mover, especially the 360. I don't see any other reason why the 360 sales are so high.

Wasn't there like 8 new bundles released in "others"?  Or was that limited to the just the UK?  Hmmm I don't remember.

Maybe this is a spike due to the new bundling though?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Squilliam get those numbers adjusted.

and PS3 outsell of 360 in whole of 2008 now less than 1m.

I Adjusted, do I need to do it agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain? I think I already saw a similar thread today. 

Tease.

wowsers more sales due to price cut in Australia?

NICE...360 is turning into a beast...well, maybe a baby beast.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

i honestly didn't think the price drop would do these kind of numbers. kudos microsoft.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA