By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crazy theories of why the PSP isn't selling extraordinarily well.

SmokedHostage said:

Who knows, maybe a Gran Turismo PSP might help.

Yeah.. WTH happend to Gran Turismo 4 Mobile Edition.. wasn't it supposed to come with the launch of the PSP.??

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Actually, I think it's the reason why PSP HW sales dropped recently, no piracy with PSP-3000 and newer 2000 models.

I agree it's awful though, the amount of torrent downloads on individual sites is staggering.

NiKKoM said:
SmokedHostage said:

Who knows, maybe a Gran Turismo PSP might help.

Yeah.. WTH happend to Gran Turismo 4 Mobile Edition.. wasn't it supposed to come with the launch of the PSP.??

They'll probably release a mobile version when GT5 is released in 2012.

chasmatic12 said:
NiKKoM said:
SmokedHostage said:

They'll probably release a mobile version when GT5 is released in 2012.

So it won't seem dated, they should rename it Gran Turismo 5 Mobile Edition.

Pixel Art can be fun.

There are a number of reasons why PSP didn't succeed any better. It's impractical for being big and bulky, it takes too much time to load a game, the games library is too much of a home console library to begin with, DS library is so much better for basically anyone and the system is bought in many cases for other use than playing PSP games, which, along with relatively costly developement, turns off publishers.

@Smokedhostage: For 3rd parties game sales equal profit. No profit equal no games. No games equal no hardware sales.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
There are a number of reasons why PSP didn't succeed any better. It's impractical for being big and bulky, it takes too much time to load a game, the games library is too much of a home console library to begin with, DS library is so much better for basically anyone and the system is bought in many cases for other use than playing PSP games, which, along with relatively costly developement, turns off publishers.

@Smokedhostage: For 3rd parties game sales equal profit. No profit equal no games. No games equal no hardware sales.

With this said, I guess the PSP is just doomed. ;_;  Oh well. *Plays his DS*

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
bdbdbd said:

With this said, I guess the PSP is just doomed. ;_; Oh well. *Plays his DS*

Psp has already sold enough HW to stay viable. I won't call it doomed. It's also useful for playing ps1 games on the move lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
SmokedHostage said:
bdbdbd said:

With this said, I guess the PSP is just doomed. ;_; Oh well. *Plays his DS*

Psp has already sold enough HW to stay viable. I won't call it doomed. It's also useful for playing ps1 games on the move lol.

I think it's a shame that a handheld has to rely on emulation and piracy to be viable.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Sony needs to advertise psp games. Lumines, Locco Rocco, Patapon, Echocrome could all be hits if they were ever advertised well enough. Honestly Most of Sony's problems this gen has been insufficient advertising. Compared the massive advertising Nintendo and Microsoft have been doing this gen it's no wonder Sony isn't selling far more hardware or software than either of it's competitors.

Star Scream said:
damkira said:

There really aren't any good games for it... So far, all I've seen are FF7: Crisis Core and Patapon which are both great. Everything else pretty much sucks.

Sorry, but that's just ballacks. PSP has a superb liberary for most tastes.

I agree with you Star Scream, the PSP has a strong library of games covering many different genres. Personally, I'd rather play my PSP than any other system this console generation (not including PC).