By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flops Aplenty!

You guys discuss games which sold several 100.000s and call them flops? You can't be serious.

I show you a real flop:

PosConsoleNamePublisherWeekWeeklyTotal
Sam & Max: Season 1
The Adventure Company 5 554 7,787

Yeah, I know, it's only a port of an (acclaimed) 2 years old PC game in a genre that's disregarded by most game journalist, gamers and their grandmas, but the US sales of Sam & Max Season 1 for Wii is by far the biggest disappointment for me this year.

7.787 copies in 5 weeks. I'm speechless...

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Banjo sold like a steaming pile of shit. Thankfully. Rare needs to learn it's lesson. After all of their flops this gen, maybe they will.

????
Flops this gen?
All of their games this gen are High-Quality.

Kameo = AWESOME (anyone who truly played it will tell)

Viva Pinata = BRILLIANT GAME (many nominations at 10th AIAS:

- Outstanding Innovation
- Console Game of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
- Family Game of the Year

- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (same awesome features as Viva Pinata 1)

and now

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts&Bolts = Addictive FUN.

Rare is a great dev.
Truly unique games.

My Gaming Setup

mrstickball said:
Can't speak for other versions, but L4D is trending just fine on the X360.

May hit 500,000 first week.

So happy to hear that, you have no idea...

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

Kasz216 said:
I wouldn't say VC flopped. I mean it did half what Fire Emblem did... and Fire Emblem is one of the big namebrand SRPGS.

Fire Emblem isn't a big franchise at all, it's just a franchise with a long history that used to be bigger in Japan.  I don't really see how Sega could make a profit with the sales for VC, but at the same time I don't really know what Sega was thinking spending so much money on a game like that.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

PES flopped in America but I think that's standard.

Hasn't been mentioned yet but Eternal Sonata did extremely poorly. To think Sony fanboys claimed it would outsell the 360 version's lifetime sales in its first week and it won't even match it in LTD. Namco can't be too happy. I have to wonder if they're even going to bother bringing it to PAL territories after all.

Despite all the nerd rage against it, Wii Music is performing quite well, and will easily clear 1 million...possibly even 2 million. I'm sure more bitter tears will be shed in this thread.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

BioShock on PS3 flopped pretty hard. It may be a port, but it's a damned amazing port.
I suppose selling it at full price was a pretty bad move on 2K's part, when you can get it half price on Steam...

I bought in on PS3 though. At full price. No 360, no gaming PC.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective