By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Third parties don't "get" the Wii, more

Esa-Petteri said:

I see. You are the one who is wrong here, sorry. :) Also I find it very amusing when you represent your opinions as facts.

So are you saying that wii fit is not a game?

Yeah, I can do that because they are facts and not opinions. Wii Sports is not a minigame collection. Those games are the entirety of the experience. There is no larger framework or set in which they exist: they are all there is. The same logic can be used for Wii Fit.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
...Wii Sports and Wii Fit are not minigame collections.

That statement is daft.

Care to explain that and preferably define your interpretation of the term "minigame collection"?

You're confusing alternative modes of play (Wii Sports) with minigames, which tend to be extremely simple and short novelty-based gameplay segments. It's a fine line, bu in this case Wii Sports is way on the other side, especially with the depth of stat tracking you can do in it.

Wii Fit is no more a "minigame collection" than a Tae Bo video is.

Umm. No.

That is your opinion. In my opinion wii sports is all about "extremely simple and short novelty based gameplay segments". Wii fit? Haven't ever played that, but judging by wikipedia it is a compilation of that kind of games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Fit

Yeah, "opinion" isn't a shield you can hide behind when you're so blatantly wrong. if you are going to equate Wii Tennis and Wii Baseball with the minigames in Raving Rabbids, you are as wrong as wong can be. That's just a fact.

And those are called exercises. If Wii Fit didn't have many forms of exercise it would be a pretty crappy piece of exercising equipment. And that's what you do with it: exercise.

I see. You are the one who is wrong here, sorry. :) Also I find it very amusing when you represent your opinions as facts.

So are you saying that wii fit is not a game?

You skipped over Rubang's comprehensive explanation because...?

donathos said:

Oh, snap! Maybe because it was posted the same time as my post? Omg.

I won't bother making many replies, so:

@Khutra

You made a definition of minigame, remember that one? Every single one game of wii sports fits perfectly to that. That is not an opinion, that is a fact. But really, I see no point in arguing with you. You have your opinion and I have mine.

@Ghost of rhubang

Nice. Orange box and wii sports really are the same thing.

@Esa-Petteri: The gimped 360 version of RRR didn't sell. What a surprise. Any minigame collection that would have been designed 360 in mind?

Anyway, now your problem was to pick best selling 3rd party games. Why did you do that? Why didn't you pick best-selling games overall? Or best-selling Sega games? Or Capcom games?

In the best-selling games list, i believe that with the exception of Twilight Princess and RE4 (which both were good games to begin with and ported properly), all the games are specifically designed for Wii. And they aren't cheap cash-ins.

Since we don't have many examples, we could to use RRR on 360 as an example how "Wii treated" ports do on other platforms.

As for Wii Sports and Wii Fit, they aren't what you traditionally call a minigame collection. Wii Sports would more equal to Konamis and EA:s yearly sports franchises (or DDR, GH, RB, Singstar) in terms of being a minigame. Learn the yogas and take a 40-minute jog around wiifitty island in Wii Fit and call it an "extremely simple and short novelty based".
They have quite deep gameplay and aren't easy to master, despite featuring pick-up-and-play type of gameplay (Wii Sports featuring more, Wii Fit less).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Esa-Petteri said:
donathos said:

Oh, snap! Maybe because it was posted the same time as my post? Omg.

I won't bother making many replies, so:

@Khutra

You made a definition of minigame, remember that one? Every single one game of wii sports fits perfectly to that. That is not an opinion, that is a fact. But really, I see no point in arguing with you. You have your opinion and I have mine.

@Ghost of rhubang

Nice. Orange box and wii sports really are the same thing.

Wow. I take it back -- good job, showing up Rubang's post! :)

You must've done debate in college...

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:

Yeah, I did, and no, it dos not apply to Wii Sports. Try playing the games long enough to actually be good at them and then come back to me.

Also, do you realize how much dissonance you create when you call something fact and then say it's just your opinion? You realize those are mutually exclusive, right? Facts and opinions can't occupy the same space.

I have been... defeated.

@bdbdbd

Because this thread is about third parties... as far as I know, they can't make mario-games. Well, there is mario&sonic but still.

I agree, RRR is a perfect example to all third parties. That kind of game sells on other platform and bombs on the other one. Just like CoD:WaW.

As I said, I haven't played wii fit so in that case my opinion is based just on the wikipedia page. :) I am not going to play that game ever, so I guess your opinion is better than mine in this case. In any case, our opinions does not matter. It is the third party devs whose opinion matter. Maybe there will be some more "fit" titles on wii. Actually I am pretty sure there will be. :D

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I have been... defeated.

What? I agreed with you. You won!

@Khuutra

No, I won't play those games that long. I really have no interest in such games. :)

Esa-Petteri said:

No, I won't play those games that long. I really have no interest in such games. :)

Then you have no foot to stand on, and your perspective is insufficient to actually participate in a conversation concerning whether or not Wii Sports is a minigame collection.

Thank you for invalidating every post you've made concerning the topic up to this point.