By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Happy Birthday Half-Life! Only $0.98 on Steam!!!!

DTG said:
Not worth the 1$ in 2008 when someone could just download a torrent if they wanted t for absolutely nothing.
Praising illegal downloading is not allowed here. You're warned.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
king_of_the_castle said:
This sucks, I had to send the RAM in my new PC back to newegg, and this is one game I always regretted not playing, especially since I've started playing HL2 again. Can I buy this without the steam client through a browser?

no, and this takes like no ram to run.... seriously...

Sorry, I should've been more specific, I had to send all my RAM back, so I don't have any in my PC at the moment, it'll be out of commision until next week, but at least I was able to buy the game, so once I put my PC back together I'll be able to play it.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

BengaBenga said:
DTG said:
Not worth the 1$ in 2008 when someone could just download a torrent if they wanted t for absolutely nothing.
Praising illegal downloading is not allowed here. You're warned.

I just want to point out that you do deserve to be smacked. I'm not knocking you for pirating games, I've done it myself, but I don't go around advocating it, and especially not when you've got such an awesome deal like this. $1 to get a completely legal copy is nothing.

I jumped at this deal as soon as I saw it, and have already finished downloading it. This will be perfect for when I finally get Orange Box, cause then I should have roughly the full Half Life storyline.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

king_of_the_castle said:
ssj12 said:
king_of_the_castle said:
This sucks, I had to send the RAM in my new PC back to newegg, and this is one game I always regretted not playing, especially since I've started playing HL2 again. Can I buy this without the steam client through a browser?

no, and this takes like no ram to run.... seriously...

Sorry, I should've been more specific, I had to send all my RAM back, so I don't have any in my PC at the moment, it'll be out of commision until next week, but at least I was able to buy the game, so once I put my PC back together I'll be able to play it.

theoretically, you could use any computer to access the site, sign into your steam account, and purchase the game, then actually download it once you get your computer back. I think anyway.

Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

Time's up on the offer :(

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

damn, I'm glad joystiq had that article up. I would have missed out on that. Admittedly, it's still only like $5-$10 anyway, but getting a decent game for $1 still a deal that's hard to beat.

D'oh! why did I only read this now. Oh well I still have my disc around my office somewhere, but still I'd prefer it on steam.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Commando said:
D'oh! why did I only read this now. Oh well I still have my disc around my office somewhere, but still I'd prefer it on steam.

If you still have your CD key you can use that one instead of buying the game online. Just click on Games>Activate a product on steam, and type in your CD key.

This is invisible text!

Oh ok cool, thanks.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself