By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Could this be why vista is not popular?

Most people who have Vista were forced into it because you can not buy a PC with XP anymore. Vista is fairly unpopular with PC gamers because it has a few issues, uses more resources than XP and then there's the fact that XP works just fine for PC gaming at the moment. Another thing that is preventing the adoption of Vista is the fact that Microsoft already has another OS coming down the pipeline, I guess that they may sweep Vista under the rug like ME and focus more on Windows 7 instead.

Around the Network

You can buy laptops with the Vista downgrade to XP disk i found that pretty cool but Who cares if they copy its not like no other video game company did it before?

And if they didn't include these features, they would have also have been flamed for that.

Seriously, does it matter? We now all have better features on our OS.

SamuelRSmith said:
And if they didn't include these features, they would have also have been flamed for that.

What he said, do you PS3 gamers resent Sony for copying M$ and adding trophies.... do you resent M$ for copying Nintendo and adding Miis... I doubt it

Vista is way better than mac.

And vista has sold way more than mac.

I don't think Microsoft is too worried right now considering they own the home computer market.

Around the Network

Dude, it's convenience. If it worked somewhere, why limiting ourselves to just one product having the same feature? If it does the same thing, but better, I say why not?

Business is business, like it or not. Look at the music industry for example. Remember when young pop singers were popular? Hmmm yeah... I hope you still get my point! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Munkeh111 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

What he said, do you PS3 gamers resent Sony for copying M$ and adding trophies.... do you resent M$ for copying Nintendo and adding Miis... I doubt it

what the heck, why do bring up PS360 when this is about mac vs windows vista?

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

So are people finally coming to terms with the fact that Vista is cool? Yes , yes they are.

radha said:
Munkeh111 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

what the heck, why do bring up PS360 when this is about mac vs windows vista?

It's called an analogy.

But analogies are bad, they're like ducks with scales.

radha said:
well since you cant buy an xp license anymore are those 140mill staying as vista or downgraded?

Does it matter? They get the same money from Vista even if you downgraded it to XP. Downgrading to XP doesn't hurt them at all. I doubt they care much whether you use XP or Vista. They get only hurt much when you change to Linux or OS X.