By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I picked up a banned modded xbox 360

xlost7 said:
I would keep it if its in working condition. Just a Xbox 360 to have like Andres9888 said. To have in another room or give it anyway to someone that you know will not jump online and play multiplayer games.

That sucks though since that console won't never have access to downloading the NXE.

It should be able to in the future:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/nxe/faq.htm

Q What if my Xbox 360 isn’t online?  How do I get the update?  If I don’t, will my Xbox 360 still work?
A

This fall you will need to be connected to Xbox LIVE to download the system update, however we will be making the update available to non-Xbox LIVE members very soon. Your Xbox 360 will work in an offline mode, without the update.

Anyway, yeah it should be good for offline gaming(1 player game in another room) as long as you don't care about the achievements.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Rape that XBOX and make a video.

xlost7 said:
disolitude said:
xlost7 said:
disolitude said:
seece said:
perhaps UNmod it? I don't know if thats at all doable, maybe keep it for spare parts?

Its banned so it cant go online right...so its a useless system to me. Also, it doesn't really do any homebrew or emulators...just plays copied games. So unmodding doesn't really do anything for me...

Parts however I think may be beneficial for...well actually, only the DVD drive could be used on another system. I may keep it for games that dont have demos and are questionable purchases...Alone in the dark, im looking at you :)

haha...What does Alone in the Dark have to do with the Xbox 360.lol

Its a nice game according to your tastes.

Its a great rental... :)

DUUUUUUUDDDDDEEEEE!!!!

lol..didn't we say that Alone in the Dark was a buggy game. It was not worth playing even if someone gave it to you for free. It doesn't even deserve to be played in a modded Xbox 360!!

lol. Didn't you just play the driving level and then called the game unplayable? I played 90% of it and it definetly has great moments that are worth playing...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/aloneinthedark

I don't see anything wrong with a game rated 69 on metacritic.

The 360 version was at 60 the last time I checked...still playable if you like that type of game.

I would say get the games you already have and invite some friends for system link game sessions !!!

If you buy these games or copy them is your decision. My personal opinion: copy them when you're already in possession of the same game.

@smbu2000

Nice, bro. So those that aren't connected can still get access to NXE. So then the modded Xbox 360 that disolitude has can still connect or no?

@Forilas

lol..I want to see disolitude do that!!! :D

@disolitude

Okay bro, I catch your drift. I played the demo and got frustrated at the driving part. Like I said I didn't like the game because its built with so many glitches and if you have glitches you have to be the gamer that can tolerate "trial and error" and Alone in the Dark has that written all over it!

Around the Network

@xlost7

I think smbu2000 means that the NXE will have a way of installing on a modded xbox...with a disk possibly. However this xbox will never connect to live again unless microsoft somehow magically unban it.

Blow it up and put it on Utube.
Would it help if I said, "please"?

xlost7 said:
@smbu2000

Nice, bro. So those that aren't connected can still get access to NXE. So then the modded Xbox 360 that disolitude has can still connect or no?

Well he'd be able to access the NXE without actually connecting to XBL, since it is banned I'm not if it would be able to access even system/FW updates like NXE normally.

I remember previously that MS had the update available for download on the xbox website. You could just burn it to a dvd and update like that without having to connect online. They might have the same thing available in the future as well for the NXE.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

kjj4t9rdad said:
Blow it up and put it on Utube.
Would it help if I said, "please"?

haha. See doing this when the console launched after waiting 6 hours i line to get it would be brave and ballsy... Doing it in my situation would be just pathetic. This xbox has suffered enough :)

First I would throw it on air and hit it with baseball bat.
Then I would burn it.
Then I would put in youtube.

Take my love, take my land..