By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else getting tired of Nintendo's supposed "shortages"?

I've always had faith in WiiFit(and the balance board). I just hope Nintendo can keep up with demand enough to make my prediction of WiiFit being the best selling game of 2008 come true.

Around the Network
kylohk said:
^Certainly "Limited" just means that they are a limited liability company? "Incorporated" sounds like an NA specific term, since I rarely see companies ending in Inc in the UK.

Yes you are correct.  A UK company can't be Inc.  That is a NA term as you say.  A UK company would either be Limited (a limited liability company) or PLC (a public limited liability company).  But I think what LotK was getting at is the fact that Sony and Microsoft have other divisions that can support the gaming division if they increase production and it turns out to be a bad idea.  Same reason why Nintendo can never use the loss leading strategy Sony and Microsoft use. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

seece said:

You can bet your bottom dollar if Sony Incorporated or Microsoft Incorporated were in this position they would do everything they could to meet demand.

Really? You mean like how Sony, who had been the top selling industry leader of some 100million consoles handled their bluray diod shortages during launch week?

Yeah, they handled it real well, within about a month or two, Sony was able to keep up with demand for the PS3 without any problem at all. Though, wasn't the goal to raise supply, and not to lower demand?

Or perhaps how Microsoft launched a whole year early, heck, they were the ONLY HD console on teh market. they sure handled their supply constraints well. Oh, wait, it was right after that first year that the whole RRoD incident came up, which was apparently tied directly to the lack of quality testing which came by launching a year early.

Hrmm.. I have to say, I think you're right. They would do everything to meet demand. Boy, am I glad Nintendo is handling this and not them.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Nintendo should have foreseen that the Wii would be the fastest selling console ever, even though every critic and analyst said it would flop.

They should have know that WiiFit, which was decried as a glorified bathroom scale, would be on pace to outsell combined GTA4 sales this year.

/sarcasm

Nintendo is a conservative company. If they built a factory to crank out twice the number of WiiFit, it would be sitting idle in a few months. They are still in short supply, but it is not like you cannot find one if you really want it.