By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So, Obama not a US citizen lawsuit picking up some steam

So, Obama not a US citizen lawsuit picking up some steam.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80931

http://www.nbcaugusta.com/news/elections/presheadlines/34587804.html

Former minor Presedential Candadite Alan Keyes (who is also black) is suing in California to have him disqualified there. Keyes as he ran for President has legal standing to pursue this, unlike some other law suits that were dismissed due to lack of standing.

Among the various allegations......

Obama was born in Kenya, and his mother flew back to Hawaii a few days later and regsitered him as an at home birth. His deceased mother's passport records are being sought to show this. Keep in mind pregnant woman are banned from flying during their last trimester. The birth certfificate Obama has released is only the short form lacking the hospitol and delivering doctors signature. Keyes is seeking the long form birth certificate.

Normaly a child has automatic US citizenship if one parent is a US citizen and the child is born in a foreign country. But under the law at the time, the American parent must be a minimum of 19 years old. Obama's mother was only 18.

Obama's mother remarried an Indonesian and moved there with Obama. Obama's step father adopted him and naturilzed him as an Indonesian citizen. Obama lost his US citizenship (if he ever had it) at this time. Indonesia did not allow dual citizenship at the time.

Obama did not swear an alleigence to the US when he turned 18 (I think he had until he turned 21) to regain his US citizenship, assuming he ever had it.

He used an Indonesian passport when he was in his early 20's to visit Pakistan. Evidence he retained his Indonesian citizenship after turning 18.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

Interesting. I'm not American so i don't know too much about the whole thing, does anyone else know any other source that show whether this is actually credible or not?

hsrob said:
Interesting. I'm not American so i don't know too much about the whole thing, does anyone else know any other source that show whether this is actually credible or not?

No one (well except for Obama) knows, that's why a lawsuit was filed. To get the answers.

The burden of proof is on Obama how ever. He must prove he meets the requirements to be elected president.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Ah, barrell scrapping.

You gotta love it.

Hmm, pie.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

what would happen if it turned out he wasnt born in the US?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

nothing b/c he was,

but if this wasnt just a smear tactic he would proably lose his bid, and then would fae charges of fraud

so would there be another election? or would mccain win? or would another democrat replace him?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

It would go to the Supreme Court since its a constitutional issue if he wasnt a citizen but had somehow duped everybody.

What people always forget is that we've had plenty of Presidents not born in the United States. George Washington and company were all British citizens, and so they had to word the constitution very strangely so that even though they werent born in the USA, they could be president, while future people who aspired for the presidency did in fact have to be born in the USA.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

He is a citizen. end of story.