By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What are some nice 480p PS3 games?

Fallout 3 looks decent. The font on the Pipboy 3000 can be tough if your screens small. PixeljunkEden looks good anywhere.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Around the Network
Tailgunner said:
Fallout 3 looks decent.

No its not. It looks like crap in SD just like all the other games. PS3 meant to play in HD and ALL the games designed for HD.

outlawauron said:Eh, any idea when your TV is back? That sucks.

Sadly, this tv ain't comin' back. Gotta buy a whole new one and stuff.

Hanzaki said:No its not. It looks like crap in SD just like all the other games. PS3 meant to play in HD and ALL the games designed for HD.

This is pretty much the problem I'm facing. Perhaps The Beast spoiled me some, perhaps it's just my current television, but HD games look bloody awful on my screen and not in the endearing sort of way like William's poetry. Fortunately for me, some games are 480p compatible, such as Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm and Bioshock, surprisingly. They don't look as pretty as they once did, but they are still gorgeous, and not in a creepy sexual way.

So what are some other PS3 games worth playing that happen to be 480p compatible? It should say on the back of the box under the Supported HD Video Output.

I've played MGS4, Resistance 1&2, Naruto UNS and Warhawk in SD, they all look fine, its just when trying to read the text is where it gets annoying and wish you were playing on a HDTV, but if text doesnt concern you then i'd say any game will look decent enough in SD

leo-j said:
You should get Little big planet

Bingo. We have a winner.

Around the Network

i would make them help me buy a new one... >_> their lives would be at risk.

Uncharted