By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
LOL MATURE said:
xlost7 said:
Sorry to hear that bro. Just send it in for a replacement, or just go and buy a new Arcade 360. And just throw that old one in the trash or something.

The new Arcade 360's or for the matter all 360's now in stores and more reliable than the past ones. So I take that your 360 is old and had the Zephyr motherboard? Correct, so get the updated motherboard which is Falcon or Jasper, both new motherboards are cooler meaning reliable than the old launch ones.

You are telling him to buy another one? But he already bought one and he shouldnt have to purchase another one.

Are you not understanding my post? I think you aren't so me mature and listen real carefully.

I told him to buy another Xbox 360 which is priced at $199 because the new Xbox 360's that are out have the new Falcon motherboard installed in them. Plus they are more reliable than the past SKU's that have been released.

Makes since to buy another one after saying what I said above right? Exactly.

Around the Network
xlost7 said:
LOL MATURE said:
xlost7 said:
Sorry to hear that bro. Just send it in for a replacement, or just go and buy a new Arcade 360. And just throw that old one in the trash or something.

The new Arcade 360's or for the matter all 360's now in stores and more reliable than the past ones. So I take that your 360 is old and had the Zephyr motherboard? Correct, so get the updated motherboard which is Falcon or Jasper, both new motherboards are cooler meaning reliable than the old launch ones.

You are telling him to buy another one? But he already bought one and he shouldnt have to purchase another one.

Are you not understanding my post? I think you aren't so me mature and listen real carefully.

I told him to buy another Xbox 360 which is priced at $199 because the new Xbox 360's that are out have the new Falcon motherboard installed in them. Plus they are more reliable than the past SKU's that have been released.

Makes since to buy another one after saying what I said above right? Exactly.

I can sort of see your point, but surely the console will be as good as new once returned from MS?

or don't you trust MS's repair service?

Why fork out even more dough if it's ultimately unnecessary?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@Spankey

Because if you was to get a replacement from Microsoft it might be another Zephyr motherboard. It probably was a old one in the warehouse that was fixed but Microsoft is going to ship it out anyway and once Shadowblind gets that one than it will RROD and he will be pissed and we will be getting another thread.

What I would do is send it in to Microsoft than once he gets the replacement, trade it in at a near Gamestop or whatever and purchase the Arcade unit. Then he will have gotten rid of his old replacement one that is bound to RROD on a new motherboard that is good and reliable which is the new Falcon or Jasper motherboard.

xlost7 said:
@Spankey

Because if you was to get a replacement from Microsoft it might be another Zephyr motherboard. It probably was a old one in the warehouse that was fixed but Microsoft is going to ship it out anyway and once Shadowblind gets that one than it will RROD and he will be pissed and we will be getting another thread.

What I would do is send it in to Microsoft than once he gets the replacement, trade it in at a near Gamestop or whatever and purchase the Arcade unit. Then he will have gotten rid of his old replacement one that is bound to RROD on a new motherboard that is good and reliable which is the new Falcon or Jasper motherboard.

oh ok i see your point now.

there do seem to be a lot if issues popping up just recently (like with Shadowblind and Mrstickball) that appear to be launch consoles, so perhaps a newer Falcon/Jasper would be even more reliable.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@Spankey

Oh they will be popping up. Those launch consoles are horrible. The disc drives are all Hitachi and Samsung. Those drives are prone not to be reliable and besides they are a lot hotter than the new 360's that are out. The new 360's all come with Ben-Q drives which are quieter and more reliable than anything. They are made by Phillips. So nice drives and a nice downside GPU and CPU is way reliable than a huge GPU and CPU that makes a lot of heat.

I have a Falcon motherboard 360. I had it since January of this year. No problems what so ever. The disk drive spins quiet. I never had any lock ups or any encounters with RROD. Plus my Xbox 360 games would come out the disk drive cool and warm as can be. Instead of that hot feeling.lol

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

So, NXE is tommorow, and I'm looking forward to it. Oh, and Left 4 Dead, one of my most anticipated games of the year, I planned on getting tommorow. Add to that Thanksgiving break is coming up, so I'll have a lot of time to play on my new NXE. Oh, its gonna be awesome.

Oh wait, there appear to be 3 flashing red lights coming from my Xbox. Theres no way, I just turned it in for repair less then a month ago...oh god. Why today? Why Now?! WHY FOR THE THIRD DAMN TIME?!

Way to go Micro$oft.  Just wanted 1 more day Micro$oft. One more. You just f***ed one of your most faithful followers.

Again. 

So then, to prevent me from getting banned on top of things, I'll turn this into a discussion topic. Whats the worst time your 360 has RRoD on you. 

Since you have nothing to lose, Can you try holding one hand against the left side of the console, tap firmly (with finger, fingernail or even hand) the right side several times. Turn it on and see if you still get the red lights...

Mine died about 3 days before Fable II came out.

Umm, I'm planning to get a 360 soon. RRODs still an issue, but are they really affecting the launch consoles only?

If I get one of those 360 Arcade SKUs (the one with the Sega Superstar Tennis game, I think), is that a guaranteed new model?

Sorry. Kinda felt like a newbie here, but it still feels scary to get a 360 with that happening.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

I was actually grinning when my 360 got the red rings. Not because I was happy, but because the revered event that everyone talked about was happening to MY 360. I thought it was pretty cool.

I got RROD a week after I bought my Elite...turned it off for 5 minutes, turned it back on and haven't had the problem since. I don't so much anymore, but when I played it the most, I was on my 360 for about 7-8 hours a day, every day. I think a lot of the problem is probably with the environment that people house their 360's in. This includes where it's sitting, what it's sitting on, how much space is around it, the temperature of the room, whether theres flowing air (ceiling fan?) type thing. Not that any of this is NECESSARY, but it helps - my 360 sits on top of my dresser with nothing around it, I have a ceiling fan on all the time and my house is always 'comfortable-chilly'. I'll be amazed if I RROD.