By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Xbox Experience Hype Thread -- Creating the Xbox 540, or X360 1.5

They should port second life the day before home comes out. That that'd make me rofl.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
^Full B/C would beat that.

lol, hell no. Man, with so few games that don't work on the 360, I can't see how full BC would even matter. Full installs are epic. They enhance gameplay for new games.

Yeah, full bc from no bc, would be arguably better....but the 360 already has great BC. I've not found a game in my significant collection that it would not play. It's like, "It won't play Project Snowblind, and that would be better than being able to increase your gameplay, loadtime, and console life for every game.

Especially since they add new games to the BC list often.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Smashed said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
I wonder how this compares to Home. It's kinda the same principal, revamp of the interface.

The best feature ever added to a console via software, is the option for full installs. That should reduce heat, increase performance, reduce texture popins and sluggish menus, and make your DVD drive last a lot longer. Also, reduce noise of the machine.

It's the best feature ever added via software upgrade. Yes, I like that statement.

Community wise? Home will destroy it..

I thought home and NXE were both just glorified interfaces. It'll always come down to the XBL community vs PSN, and software isn't gonna change the winner of that community contest anytime soon.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
konnichiwa said:

lol, hell no. Man, with so few games that don't work on the 360, I can't see how full BC would even matter. Full installs are epic. They enhance gameplay for new games.

Yeah, full bc from no bc, would be arguably better....but the 360 already has great BC. I've not found a game in my significant collection that it would not play. It's like, "It won't play Project Snowblind, and that would be better than being able to increase your gameplay, loadtime, and console life for every game.

I want to be able to play Mechassault 1, Timesplitters Future Perfect, and REALLY wish I could play Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for Xbox ;_;. I for one really wish they would make complete BC. My collection is rotting.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
konnichiwa said:

Well you said the best addition of software every on a console so I meant FULL B/C for PS3 =p... Anyway doesn't matter.

Around the Network

Zen, with the NXE comes XNA games, as well as improved Live APIs for Arcade and retail game developers. Also, with the NXE, they have improved their infrastructure allowing them to drop updates to Live more than 2 or 3 times a year. Apparently, things are going to be rolling out frequently from here on out. Apparently a picture viewer available to a party of 8 is the next thing on the way.

You have to have some sort of Netflix subscription on top of Live Gold to use Netflix? Already have a Gold subscription, but then have to subscribe to the service; not sure if it really will be worth it.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

My NXE is gonna have to wait a little longer as my Xbox is currently suffering from Old Xbox Experience... aka the Red Ring of Death.

It's all good though... once I get my baby back, I'm gonna buy another 360 and SLI them together to get the new Xbox 720! Screw you guys and your Xbox 540s, I'm making the jump to the next generation!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Why do NXE's Avatars look like...rip off Mii's? ... just askin...

I guess as far as Personal 3D Avatars go that award goes to Sony, but uhm when IS home coming out?

I thought home was suppose to launch the day after/before or the very same day NXE launchs?

Erm..