By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom comments on a new Resident Evil for the Wii

I'm buying RE5 for my PS3 at day one,and disagree with many of you about a "better Wii option" I would take anytime a high profile game like this on a HD system,why?
Because the graphs,the AI,the element's number on-screen,the better online...all of this is much significant to me than any motion controls.
It's about opinions,and Capcom is covering every system altogether.

Around the Network

Resident Evil died after RE0. I'll get this...eventually..

OT7 said:
I'm buying RE5 for my PS3 at day one,and disagree with many of you about a "better Wii option" I would take anytime a high profile game like this on a HD system,why?
Because the graphs,the AI,the element's number on-screen,the better online...all of this is much significant to me than any motion controls.

Why would you give a crap about online or multiplayer in a Resident Evil game? For that matter, when has having a large number of enemies on screen ever made a difference to the quality of a Resident Evil game? AI? For the most part they are zombies. Their AI is supposed to be pretty zombie like. I could see an argument more for something like Nemesis, but you don't need a lot of procesing power for one creature's AI.

Graphics you can have an ok argument with, and I guess part of the "charm" of a lot of Resident Evil was the insufferable controls, so I guess you will get the full experience if that's what you prefer.

I'm not saying that Resident Evil should stick with Wii controls, but most of the arguments you cite might make sense for some games, but in this case they seem out of place and lazy. Not every game benefits from online play and more characters.

truthiness said:
OT7 said:

Why would you give a crap about online or multiplayer in a Resident Evil game? For that matter, when has having a large number of enemies on screen ever made a difference to the quality of a Resident Evil game? AI? For the most part they are zombies. Their AI is supposed to be pretty zombie like. I could see an argument more for something like Nemesis, but you don't need a lot of procesing power for one creature's AI.

Graphics you can have an ok argument with, and I guess part of the "charm" of a lot of Resident Evil was the insufferable controls, so I guess you will get the full experience if that's what you prefer.

I'm not saying that Resident Evil should stick with Wii controls, but most of the arguments you cite might make sense for some games, but in this case they seem out of place and lazy. Not every game benefits from online play and more characters.

Those were likely just stock talking points for HD games, no thought in that at all.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Soriku said:
Another day, another emo tres thread. tres is probably the most annoying poster on the site, and I'm not even joking.

The 360 is cheaper than the Wii and he refuses to get one. And like Montana said, he attacks both sides randomly. Either he's a concern troll, or an emo bipolar...thing.

emo,annoying,troll,bipolar you know that personal attacks can get you banned don't you :P

Around the Network

I think the Wii has the best 3rd party support around, after the DS of course.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Not the PS2?

I agree with some members ;..Get a X360.

DMiesterJ said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Not the PS2?

I'm talking about right now.  I'd say best 3rd party support of all time went to SNES and NES because they had monopolies, then PS2 had the best 3rd party support of all generations with actual competition.  But PS2's support's slowed down enough already to give the throne to the DS and Wii, in my awesome opinion.  I think in the end, the DS will have a more diverse and unique library than any system ever.

You guys leave trestres alone!