By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - i am buying a MIC for the ps3! need opinions

Yes the PSEye can be used like a mic but the problem is that it picks other sounds not just your voice so you will be getting lots of feedback.
Me and my cousin were playing online with the PSEye as our mic and people were complaining about the amount of feedback.

Definitely go with the official PS3 mic, 50$ by itself or 60$ with Socom and works totally awesome.

And the official mic has all the points you mentioned.

Around the Network

I would buy SOCOM: Confrontation if you was going to pick that game up eventually.
Because that game is package with the official Playstation mic.

Official PS mic is amazing

mM

@leo-j

Yeah so if I buy it and expect to play Resistance 2 with you. Can you please not lie and say you lost that mic, plz? :P

okay xD! thanks people

i decided to go with the socom bundle :D

Around the Network

PSEye Mic is not suitable for gaming purposes. Its decent for video chat, but he amount of background noise would be horrible for games.

I previously had a Jabra BT headset that came with Warhawk. It was mediocre at best. The top end volume wasn't high enough, and it didn't fit as well as some in-ear headsets.

I recently bought the Official PS Headset and it is fantastic. it fits well, and has great sound, and a very handy mute button. Its the best option.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

xlost7 said:
@leo-j

Yeah so if I buy it and expect to play Resistance 2 with you. Can you please not lie and say you lost that mic, plz? :P

I dont have the mic lol

mM
Jo21 said:
okay xD! thanks people

i decided to go with the socom bundle :D

How dare I not have a say in it?

Great choice. The official mic is really awesome. It's a great bluetooth headset in and of itself, plus it syncs with the XMB.

The Socom mic is the best you can get.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.