By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blu-Ray officially cracked!!

ssj12 said:
its been cracked AGES ago....

i knew that the ps3 was cracked by the hard drive but not by discs... this is the first full scale blu-ray disc cracking i believe.  

Around the Network

"The pirates are apparently ripping high-def movies (cracking Blu-ray's AACS and BD+ encryption in the process) and re-encoding them using AVCHD, which offers a 720p picture. Because of the reduction in resolution, file sizes are smaller and can be burned to regular DVDs instead of the more costly Blu-ray discs"

Soooooo, high-definition on a DVD?
Say you pop this sucker in on a DVD player that's hooked up to an HDTV?
What would be the result of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

it's good its getting news.

price war will start this christmas.

Okay, and DVD was cracked awhile after its launch and guess what it was a selling platform and the same can be said for Blu-ray.

BottledSpringWater said:
"The pirates are apparently ripping high-def movies (cracking Blu-ray's AACS and BD+ encryption in the process) and re-encoding them using AVCHD, which offers a 720p picture. Because of the reduction in resolution, file sizes are smaller and can be burned to regular DVDs instead of the more costly Blu-ray discs"

Soooooo, high-definition on a DVD?
Say you pop this sucker in on a DVD player that's hooked up to an HDTV?
What would be the result of this?

you would need a 720p dvd player or higher, so i guess you can put them on dvds, but you wont get the full 1080p nor the full audio

Around the Network
a12331 said:
ssj12 said:
its been cracked AGES ago....

i knew that the ps3 was cracked by the hard drive but not by discs... this is the first full scale blu-ray disc cracking i believe.  

Once again, Blu-rays have been cracked, ripped, and posted on torrent sites for many, many months.

This is old news.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Strategyking92 said:
"The format's growth is stalling thanks to the high price of discs and players combined with the struggling economy, and in September, Blu-ray's market share actually fell in favor of the cheaper and ubiquitous standard-definition DVDs as well as HD downloads."

obvious.

Sony is sure as hell trying to push blu-ray though.

Response to bold: This is the core reason for the PS3's existence. Theres always a way to ignore the mass markets lack of concern for Blu Ray and HD-DVD. Put it in something they care about and sell it like they care.

m$ gets it profits from live

sony from blu ray sells and soon ads on home

easy as that.

sony plan was to slowly going from the beginning they are doing good.

they should really lower the price on blu ray movies or no one wil buy them and will just keep downloading them online.

deathgod33 said:
they should really lower the price on blu ray movies or no one wil buy them and will just keep downloading them online.

wait... they should lower the price of blu-ray movies because of piracy?

Wow. let's give xbox/wii/DS/PSP game developers a call, shall we?

It's like saying stores should lower the price because people will just steal them.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)