By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Factor 5 working on 'several' multi-platform and Wii-exclusive games.

"Hah, am i the only one picturing Superman 64?"

No, that has crossed my mind too. I remember apparently they are making a new Kid Icarus. I've also heard of a new Starfox.

Around the Network
trestres said:
After Lair, people should be lowering their expectations about this. Also, wasn't there a new casual game exclusively for the Wii in the works from Factor 5, I remember reading that somewhere. Perhaps that's the exclusive game. I really don't know.

There was never any firm details on the Wii projects from Factor 5 that I can recall. Really though, would you rather have Lair 2 or the next Game Party? At least with the casual mini-games you know what you are buying into.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@Gnizmo: This is all I could find http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbM0VfqXyC0

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Factor 5 is supposedly making a new Pilotwings or Kid Icarus for Wii.. hopefully both cuz i know they'd do justice for both games.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Isn't Factor 5 doing that Dracula game that IGN hinted at a while ago? Or am I confused?

Around the Network

I think a Starfox game could come from them.
(>'.')>

lol, Sony must of kicked them out after Lair.

Gnizmo said:
trestres said:
After Lair, people should be lowering their expectations about this. Also, wasn't there a new casual game exclusively for the Wii in the works from Factor 5, I remember reading that somewhere. Perhaps that's the exclusive game. I really don't know.

There was never any firm details on the Wii projects from Factor 5 that I can recall. Really though, would you rather have Lair 2 or the next Game Party? At least with the casual mini-games you know what you are buying into.

I think I'd rather have the crappy surprise then another mini-game fest...bleh.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=6087

lian Eggebrech of Factor 5 had some interesting things to say in regards to the Wii:

“(speaking about publishers on Wii)…the hardware is very, very easy to understand. Now the problem might be –and it just might be- is that some studios -or some publishers specifically- are discarding the graphical capabilities (of the Wii) automatically simply because it is a Wii title and they’re basically telling the developers “look, we won’t pay for any advanced graphics”…If you connect you can get a lot of shader effects which would’ve been on the 360 or the PS3…it’s got so much more power compared to the GameCube. If even with the extremely similar shader hardware, the system clockrate is so much higher, you can do so much more advanced things.”

“If we would do a Wii version of that (Star Wars Rogue series), certainly that could be something which somebody could license. But I can imagine that there will be several engines coming out, also for the Wii…I really hate the current trend of the hardcore people very much getting into this bubble of being very defensive and not wanting the whole casual thing to happen. In the end it’s all one big market we’re, essentially we’re all casual…(Super Mario Galaxy) this thing is actually taking advantage (of the Wii hardware)…it’s basically doing new graphical things with the hardware.”

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Pretendo said:
I think a Starfox game could come from them.
(>'.')>

Might as well... when was the last time Nintendo themselves actually made a Starfox game?   I believe it was Starfox 64.  Lately Nintendo has been whoring out their franchises to third parties *cough* Starfox *cough* F-Zero *cough* or second parties or other smaller internal developer groups because they can't be bothered to do it themselves.  Not that that's a bad thing, because lately Nintendo has been sucking the big one when it comes to developing games... their entire holiday line-up consists of Wii Music, a joke of a music game, and Animal Crossing Wii, yet another rehash of what was originally a niche N64 title that was mildly popular and found an audience on the GC, but has hardly changed at all (visually or game-play wise) since it's original N64 outing!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.