By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare: Our future products will "surprise" people

JaggedSac said:
dougsdad0629 said:
MrBubbles said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Well, let's see. They screwed with Banjo and turned it from a AAA platformer to a vehicle building crapfest. I'm guessing their next "surprise" will be that Killer Instinct 3 will, in fact, be some sort of dating simulation. Can't wait to bang Orchid!

Have you played the new Banjo?

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  I've read enough hands-on reviews and previews as well as watched enough videos to know that I would absolutely HATE this game.

LOL.  I love people that have opinions about things they have yet to experience.  Worthless posts from this guy.

Completely agree with you.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Like a reach around in the dark kind of surprise?

The kind of surprise nobody wants?

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

@dougsdad0629

I love how you are so vocal about the game and have yet to play it. You have zero credibility with me right now. I felt the game might be bad compared to the original but I have been playing the original lately (since I never played it on the N64) and Nuts & Bolts seems to just be a natural progression more or less of what the game was.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

MrBubbles said:
JaggedSac said:
dougsdad0629 said:
MrBubbles said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Well, let's see. They screwed with Banjo and turned it from a AAA platformer to a vehicle building crapfest. I'm guessing their next "surprise" will be that Killer Instinct 3 will, in fact, be some sort of dating simulation. Can't wait to bang Orchid!

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  I've read enough hands-on reviews and previews as well as watched enough videos to know that I would absolutely HATE this game.

LOL.  I love people that have opinions about things they have yet to experience.  Worthless posts from this guy.

Excalty, if you had at least played it and gave us some reasons why you don't like it i'd have respected your opinion. But right now it means nothing.

Anyways I enjoyed the demo and will be picking it up soon.

jpain333 said:
MrBubbles said:
JaggedSac said:
dougsdad0629 said:
MrBubbles said:
dougsdad0629 said:

Excalty, if you had at least played it and gave us some reasons why you don't like it i'd have respected your opinion. But right now it means nothing.

Anyways I enjoyed the demo and will be picking it up soon.

Fine, ignore the lousy reviews.  Apparently I'm wrong because I know what I will like and not like.  Hell, I've only been gaming longer than many people on this board have been alive.  Like I said, some of you missed the point.  It's not about the gameplay mechanics being bad in and of themselves.  It's about taking a franchise and totally removing every bit of what people expect from it.  Separate games are what was needed.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:
MrBubbles said:
dougsdad0629 said:

And now I'm just curious: what reviews and previews have you read?  The reviews for this game seem to be pretty good.  Not OMG AAA good, but still a good game nonetheless.

I understand someone not liking a game, that's fine, but what did you read that made you turn away from a franchise you obviously have such a passion for so that you wouldn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole?

@Gobias: genius.

twesterm said:
dougsdad0629 said:
MrBubbles said:
dougsdad0629 said:

And now I'm just curious: what reviews and previews have you read?  The reviews for this game seem to be pretty good.  Not OMG AAA good, but still a good game nonetheless.

I understand someone not liking a game, that's fine, but what did you read that made you turn away from a franchise you obviously have such a passion for so that you wouldn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole?

I have a "passion" for the incredible platforming contained in the previous games.  Since this game has little to no platforming, I'm not the least bit interested.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

^I love how Dougsdad blames Rare for slapping the Star Fox Adventure title instead of Miyamoto. This guy is bloody brilliant, so intelligent, so sexy, so full of win, and he really knows his stuff.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

dougsdad0629 said:
twesterm said:
dougsdad0629 said:
MrBubbles said:
dougsdad0629 said:

I have a "passion" for the incredible platforming contained in the previous games.  Since this game has little to no platforming, I'm not the least bit interested.

Now if you had said it like that in the first place I'm sure this whole long pointless conversation wouldn't have happened and I would have never have had to come in this thread.  :-p

When they mean we will be surprised, do they mean, in the sense that the future games will be nothing like we hoped wished and dreamed they would be like when we played their past IPs?