By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN and others review Left 4 Dead!

twesterm said:
And the game is officially released.

Not for me, :( Our local stores say they wont get it till 11 tomorrow. So I'll be getting it late. I'll just troll youtube for videos to get my contact high.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The steam forums are saying the full game is quite harder than the demo.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

I just finished the No Mercy campaign with my friends.

We started on Advanced and had to bump it to Normal because we just were dying too much.

The finale, oh my god. So many Smokers, Hunters, Boomers, and THREE Tanks! It was, the most epic thing ever.

If you thought the demo was boring, that's because it was only the first two levels. You think that little mini-finale was hard? OH MY GOD.

It was just epic.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Oh man....C'MON AMAZON GET MAH COPY TO ME FASTER!!!

Argh I just had to say "meh i want a hard copy"...:/
(atleast I got it for $40 somehow..)

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

We started on Advanced and had to bump it to Normal because we just were dying too much.

The finale, oh my god. So many Smokers, Hunters, Boomers, and THREE Tanks! It was, the most epic thing ever.

If you thought the demo was boring, that's because it was only the first two levels. You think that little mini-finale was hard? OH MY GOD.

It was just epic.

I hates you.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

BenKenobi88 said:
OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

It was just epic.

WEAK! My friends and I stuck through with it on expert all the way. Sadly we died at the elevator call in the hospital and couldn't finish. Real men beat campaigns on expert!!!!

I second this opinion. The game is not just big or HUGE, it's TANK SIZED. There are so many different situations I want to tell you all about that it's just pointless. Each time we play the pile keeps on piling up more and more. This is far beyond the "this one time" type of games and into the realm of every run bringing something amazing and new to your group.

Also I kinda wanna know how the 360 version plays, not to bash or flame, but with the current speed and some VERY hectic tight spots (literally tight) I don't see how a controller would be able to keep up with the action.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

It was just epic.

WEAK! My friends and I stuck through with it on expert all the way. Sadly we died at the elevator call in the hospital and couldn't finish. Real men beat campaigns on expert!!!!

I second this opinion. The game is not just big or HUGE, it's TANK SIZED. There are so many different situations I want to tell you all about that it's just pointless. Each time we play the pile keeps on piling up more and more. This is far beyond the "this one time" type of games and into the realm of every run bringing something amazing and new to your group.

Also I kinda wanna know how the 360 version plays, not to bash or flame, but with the current speed and some VERY hectic tight spots (literally tight) I don't see how a controller would be able to keep up with the action.

My friends aren't good enough for Expert :-/

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

vlad321 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=986

"There is a little bit of auto-aim that happens. You can either do an auto-aim by helping you to track a target, or by helping you to shoot what you think you're aiming at. We wanted you to shoot what you think you're aiming at. A lot of times your friends are there, you have friendly fire on but you just want to shoot.

We also do little cheats, like if you're helping someone up, you don't get hit by friendly fire. If you're down, and a Hunter's on top of you, you don't get friendly fire. We want friendly fire to add to the fun, and not be this big negative. So on Normal [difficulty] it does barely any damage."

SeriousWB said:
The steam forums are saying the full game is quite harder than the demo.

Yeah, the demo is much easier.  We could usually easily play advanced and get away with expert but we had to go back to normal for the actual game.  We could handle advanced until we got to the part with the gas station and then it just got too hard for us and had to go down to normal.  It was still fun as hell though.