By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN and others review Left 4 Dead!

IGN's review: http://pc.ign.com/articles/930/930763p1.html (Apparently Firefox is giving some people issues on IGN, try IE or another browser if so)

Video review: http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/818215/turtle-rock-project/videos/left4dead_111708.html

IGN - 9.0!

Also, Official Xbox Magazine has reviewed Left 4 Dead, giving it a 95/100.

edit:  Gamespy gives it a 4.5/5! http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/turtle-rock-project/930737p1.html

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

L4D, whether reviews show it or not, will probably be my GOTY. Thats REALLY saying something, considering the releases of Fable 2 and Tales of Vesperia.

Valve FOREVER!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

pffft, I'd give the demo alone a 9.5 :P

I love Valve, but from what I've seen, this looks like a lot of run-n-gun, something I'm a bit tired of. Maybe I haven't seen enough of the game.

Personally, I didn't care for this review. It seems like they spent more time explaining the game than reviewing it, but I guess not everybody knows what the game is all about, so whatever.

But they failed to mention how Valve will be updating the game with free DLC (at least free on PC, they did promise to get it to 360 as well, might not be free though), and that'll be a huge factor in replayability.

More maps, more achievements, probably new weapons...and of course tooooonns of user-created content.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Personally, I didn't care for this review. It seems like they spent more time explaining the game than reviewing it, but I guess not everybody knows what the game is all about, so whatever.

But they failed to mention how Valve will be updating the game with free DLC (at least free on PC, they did promise to get it to 360 as well, might not be free though), and that'll be a huge factor in replayability.

More maps, more achievements, probably new weapons...and of course tooooonns of user-created content.

Not to mention the inevitable community maps as well, which for TF2 weren't all *that* bad.  Some of them were quite entertaining...

L4D will be HUGE!! (-er) :P

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

epsilon72 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Not to mention the inevitable community maps as well, which for TF2 weren't all *that* bad.  Some of them were quite entertaining...

And Valve released a few community maps with their own updates, like ctf_turbine, cp_steel, etc...I thought they were pretty close to Valve quality.

The thing about L4D maps though, is that people will likely be focused a lot more on how their maps look, compared to simply making the gameplay good.  Hopefully the gameplay will still be good...but another great thing about Left 4 Dead is that the Director takes care of soo much.

Like people playing L4D on the TF2 Dustbowl map: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=47c7u8FyFR0

It's great how easily a cartoony TF2 map can become a scary L4D map, and the zombies all move like normal.

So people can make maps and just focus on them being entertaining and good-looking, and the game will work itself out.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Yeah, I really don't see how any game this year can top L4D. Even the heavy hitters from the consoles (MKWii, Geras 2, MGS4) can't touch the awesomeness that is this game.

I was expecting scores like this. looks pretty good.

4 ≈ One