By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty vs. World of Warcraft

I thought that if a game was released in the same week as any World of Warcraft game, it would instantly be pressed downward. I surmise I was incorrect, because I have recently found out that Call of Duty: World at War subdued it! What do you think? Will Call of Duty: World at War be this week's best-selling game throughout the world, or will World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King have that medal in its hand? 

Around the Network

I don't think these two games have ever been used in the same sentence, much less a comparison. Let me check.....

*googles*

Yep. I was correct!

On topic, COD:WaW takes it.

WotLK will out sell COD WAT for many weeks to come, plus many people are going to download it.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I have no idea, but just check at the bottom of this page for the total amount of minutes played for each games (on PC only): http://www.xfire.com/

It gives you a good idea of how both franchises are doing in the PC world. =P

Personally, I want CoD: WaW to take it.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Too easy. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. It will sell alone in china more than CoD:WaW in USA.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
WotLK will out sell COD WAT for many weeks to come, plus many people are going to download it.

It will be interesting to see.

Does it even matter? WoW gets all those subscription fees, so each WoW account is probably worth multiple sales of any console game.

It's weird that WotLK hasn't sold as much as Burning Crusade did first day, since it's FAR more hyped.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
It's weird that WotLK hasn't sold as much as Burning Crusade did first day, since it's FAR more hyped.

Hasn't it? Do you have knowledge of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King's sales within 24 hours?

ThePerilous said:
thekitchensink said:

Hasn't it? Do you have knowledge of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King's sales within 24 hours?

I think the only official figures out for it at the moment are from the UK, where they said it had the best opening of a PC game ever, so I hope that's the trend for the rest of the world so it outsells the burning crusade, this expansion is soooo good.

The Call of Duty 5 opening in the UK was just insane, I think it will probably outsell Wrath unless WoW keeps growing and growing, I mean COD4 was about 10m wasn't it, can't see even Wrath doing that, unless it takes years and years.