By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. 360 Exclusives for 2009

CAL4M1TY said:
triplebph said:
"Uncharted didn't score 90% on Gamerankings, thus Uncharted 2 is no AAA either at this point.

Ratchet & Clark for PS3 didn't score 90%, thus the coming R&C is no AAA."

Most consumers don't pay as much attention to sites like Game Rankings or Metacritic as they do to sites like IGN. IGN is the most popular gaming site on the net they say Uncharted and R & C F are AAA, so they are.

Game Stats is a multi-site, just like Game Rankings and Metacritic, and Game Stats says that both Ratchet and Clank Future and Uncharted score 90's (the same as Halo 3) making them AAA.

http://www.gamestats.com/index/gs/playstation-3.html

Well, if the next R&C is anything like the first PS3 game, then it definitely ain't AAA (90%).

Insomniac disappointed me with that game, and if they don't bring something new to the table after 5 (I think it is now) games, R&C won't deserve a score great than 9/10.

Way too many PS3 fanboys in this thread by the way.

The first PS3 game was amazing! Granted, not as amazing as Up Your Arsenal, but still one of the best games on PS3. They took an extremely popular PS3 franchise, and ported it, with incredible graphics, new mini-games, a great story and no bugs whatsoever onto completely new hardware. The only disappointing thing for me was the lack of online, which I'm sure they'll include in RaC6.

Why would they want to change the base gameplay? It's brilliant. Having said that, they did not repeat a SINGLE weapon, several new ideas for weapons entirely were included, with varying success. The RYNO was redesigned, becoming even more powerful than before, the whole concept of gadgets is completely new, armor was included, and it has some of the best Sixaxis support on PS3.

They didn't bring anything new to the table? Remind me how Deadlocked improved on Up Your Arsenal.

Of course, it could have been better, all games can be better, but it's AAA without a doubt. The sales were pretty disappointing though. I wish PS3 owners would get this damned 'casual' stereotype out of their heads. Too many great games are suffering because of it. Anything which looks remotely cartoonish sells worse than it should. Look at Tools of Destruction, LBP and Valkyria Chronicles.

EDIT: It's called Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Just in case anyone didn't know.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective