By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. 360 Exclusives for 2009

I think you can put the next Ratchet & Clank into a "Definite '09". Insomniac have shown that they can keep their rythm up this generation, and they haven't missed a release date yet, so when they say it will be out in '09, I believe them.

Also, I would argue about the Heavy Rain rating being too low, but that is rather subjective (read: pointless).

Around the Network
EaglesEye379 said:
Please inform me (or correct my misinformation) about something.

I keep seeing God of War 3 and GT5 as 100% going to be in 2009.

Last I checked, the only hint at God of War 3's release date is 'coming soon' from the E3 trailer and the PSP game's manual. How is this 100% guaranteed for 2009? Did I miss an official statement anywhere?

As for GT5, last I checked, there was an interview somewhere with the head developer and he said it wont be released until after 2009, possibly 2010. How is this 100% guaranteed for 2009? Again, please correct me if there is an official statement saying it will be 2009.

Also, I wouldnt say Forza 3 is a 2009 release, heck it hasnt officially been announced yet.

GT5 100% coming in 2009, but God Of War 3 is not confirmed. I personaly think GOW3 will release on march 2010.

think about the "semi-announced" (great word, isn't it?) rare-games.^^

And Splinter Cell is listed to be released in 09. Ubi Soft said this. Just got a German Release-list, but here you go.

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv11-2008-gamefront/ubisoft2.htm

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

nvrm I guess GOWIII is still TBA...there is just alot of talk on various internet forums about it being released this march and some European magazine said it would be released in Q1 2009 but it is kinda of an old magazine so things could have changed.

i heard that GT5 would not be released in 2010... so hopefully that means that it will not be released in 2011.

Around the Network

i doubt mass effect 2 will be a 360 exclusive, why because bioware was brought by EA earlier this year. And we all know EA doesn't make exclusives. it clearly looks like for now ps3 has the advantage game wise. GT5, GOW3 are clear console sellers (judging on how well known these games are) while KZ2 if it lives up to its hype it could be as well.

I'd bump Heavy Rain and Eyepet up by one grade each.

HR's spiritual predecessor, Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, got very high scores.

Eyepet's tech. just looks too cool! Draw a car on a piece of paper, show it to the camera, and the pet jumps in and drives it around!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Xbox360 Most Likely Release:

Kingdom Under Fire 2 B

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Heavy Rain will probably be an A, and maybe an AAA

Maybe you were part of those who didn't like Farenheit?

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Nice List =)