By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - if golden sun was on wii....

Golden Sun Wii would be a definate Day 1 purchase for me

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

It would be awesome but a ds version is more likely to happen.

Words Of Wisdom said:
What did people like about the GBA games?

I keep hearing about them but I was never that impressed.

Well I don't think that the 2 episodes of Golden Sun are masterpieces.

However I must say that a JRPG game ( or a game of any genre for what matter ) with the production values of Golden Sun was unheard at the time of its release ( 2001 ) for a portable machine.

I think that Golden Sun popularity depend also to the low presence of the JRPG genre on a Nintendo console after the Snes ( handhelds aren't exactly the most suited platform for a JRPG, at least unil the DS ...) because of this I believe many Nintendo fans have some special attention for the serie.

The most important aspect to me that gave popularity to the Golden Sun serie  is that at the time when all games went 3D on console like PS2,GC and Xbox the GBA was the last stronghold of 2D gaming and Golden Sun was meant to be a new effort in the vein of the old school JRPG combining aspect of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and the presentation of the old Camelot JRPGs like Shining Force/Ark thus giving an experience unmatchable on other platform.

To me Golden Sun is avery solid and enjoyable JRPG nothing more, nothing less.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

vlad321 said:
I loved the golden sun games, probably my favorite JRPGs and the only ones I managed to keep playing all the way through the end. I'd wet my pants if another one came out. However I just dont see where they can go with the series anymore. The finale tied everything up in a nice little bundle of awesome and sealed the deal.

Really ? In the finale a new age of Alchemy was disclosed ( and Alex supposedly was enslave under the earth with powers that were slightly less than godly ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

So would you guys prefer if the next golden sun was on wii,DS or the theoretical DS2?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

Any of them would be good, but a good traditional Nintendo-published JRPG on the Wii would really do it for me.