By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo believes the tide will turn for hardcore gamers next year

"Nintendo: We Will Have Games In 2009 For The ‘Halo’ Crowd"

Halo crowd?

That could have so many meanings.

Around the Network

*~Onna76~* said:

I don't understand it why they didn't just build a WII with a HD DVD drive anyway. Look at the price of the 360 right now. Wii is still more expensive with only DVD, a format which is practically "dead".

Only because it has enough demand to sell for more, not because it actually costs more to make.  I don't need to spend anymore to game in HD as if that makes the games more fun somehow, and there are apparently a lot of people just like me.  If you think DVD is almost a dead format then you're out of touch.

Of course the Wii would have cost more but look at the prices right now on Ebay, they're reaching nearly double the price of a standard Xbox 360. So with a 50-100USD more, at least we didn't have to nag constantly about the Wii graphics and then maybe... we would have seen games like Devil May Cry IV and Resident Evil 5 for instance on the WII as well instead of all the remakes they're shoving into our throats.

Do you mean remakes like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Fire Emblem and so on?  Because those are new installments of very famous and popular titles - not remakes.  Guess what Devil May Cry "4" is and what Resident Evil "5" is?

At first I thought your post was a great sarcastic joke post.  I thought you'd proclaim later that you're a funny guy and I would have agreed.  That didn't happen, so now I just think you're confused.

Everyone really needs to stop whining about Nintendo releasing "hardcore" games, as if such a thing actually exists.

Seriously, they are still releasing the same "hardcore" titles that they always have, on top of that they're releasing new IP's that some of you don't consider "hardcore" simply because you don't like them.  Just because 3rd party "hardcore" titles aren't coming to the Wii, that doesn't mean Nintendo isn't producing their usual fare.  I feel they're doing better than any other 1st party developer in regard to what they're releasing. 

hard-core

1. unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated: a hard-core segregationist.

If half of you (I'm assuming still children) could even comprehend what the word "hardcore" means, then you'd realize that playing only certain genre's, or only shooters and "mature" games, or only games with teh graffix111!!!!! is the exact opposite of being a "hardcore" gamer.  A hardcore gamer would try and like any game that is fun without pretext, but then again I'm assuming you can comprehend the definition and meaning of the word.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

@Nick..

you are my saviour..thank you..nintendo makes core games..not Hardcore..since the meaning of the words has been littered thanks to the children these days.. >_>

Never used the term hardcore when describing myself as a gamer and I have probably logged more hours with video games than some have lived (nothing to brag about).

Well they only stating the truth there are loads of good 3rd party efforts at the Wii next year, and hopefully Ninty will release few gems themselves.

Around the Network

The question is will there be anyone left to buy them haha. I question how many core gamers are left buying on the Wii. I mean I know there's me but I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority. But as long as I get them then I'm happy.

@bdbdbd

She used a certain pronoun that Nintendo doesn't normally recognize, I'm talking about "fanboy" that is a meme that is actually a word now but it's still derogatory in all conditions regardless of perception.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Theres plent of great 3rd Party games next year. Only stubborn fucks wont admit it and say it looks like shit and will use waggle because its on Wii.

I dont care next year will be awesome. On top of that I dont have all the great games that have been released in the last 3 years for Wii.=)

The Conduit will get a lot of attention this March it seems. Nintendo has their eyebrows raised towards it, and Sega will have a marketing campaign for it. It could either be a great success...or a GIANT flop. I'll go with success.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

We've heard these promises before. Just like we've heard PS3 is gonna pwn 360, too. When it happens, I'll be glad to nod and say "yep, look at that" but until then I'm not buying a word of it.