By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Home Beta still "Weeks away" - When will it turn Gold?

An open beta of Home, Sony’s rival to the Xbox New Experience (and Nintendo’s Miis), will be available in the “coming weeks”, available to all PS3 owners. In an official post on Sony’s Home forum, Home’s community manager “TedTheDog” has said that the plan is to ramp up numbers in the current closed beta rapidly to “load test” the system, including adding European language testers. Once load testing is complete, Sony will move to an open beta.

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2008/11/17/sony-ps3-home-open-beta-in-coming-weeks/

With the Open Beta still weeks away, one must wonder when the actual service will turn gold?

As of right now, although it still has a chance for 2008, I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed to 2009.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I've learned not to get my hopes up. It will come when it comes. While I'm ready to go Home, I won't put too much stock in any Sony information until it is running on my TV screen. My heart is easily broken.

@ gebx

Sony’s rival to the Xbox New Experience (and Nintendo’s Miis)

It goes far, really far beyond that. Thus I don't see them being rivals.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

It's a shame they advertised home on the ps3 commercials last christmas. Where is it?

Yeah, with less than a month and a half left I think it's safe to assume it's not coming out in 2008.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

It probably won't fully release this year but I'm almost certain it will go into open beta this year ( which is almost as good as a full release).

home isnt a rival to nxe...........let me remind everyone that the nxe avatars u cant do anything with them they are just avatars thats all..........home features open worlds for ur fully customisable psn avatars to explore...... nxe features just avatars on ur screen u cnt do anything with them. the 2 are simply not comparable. nxe is just a dash update..........ps3 xmb does the job perfectly for me they just need to add some extra features. its slick and robust and u can find wat u want just like that

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Home is not supposed to go Gold this year. It is still scheduled to release to an open beta by the end of the year. They could probably go Gold if they remove many of the promised features like MS did with NXE.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

True NXE is just improving the dash board because they want to move to a "broader audience".

If I can't even make my avatar look like me, then I really don't want it... or maybe I just suck at it because my avatar didn't even look Asian.