By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square Enix Building U.S. Studio - Looking for 360 Developers

I expect we see a lot of western and Japanese RPG's now. A mix of both, considering if The Last Remnant does well.

Around the Network
Riachu said:

I think 1 million WW would be fine for SOTLH since at most they only spent a little more than half of what FFXIII probably costs.  Besides, even if it doesn't make the amount of money they want it to, then they could just get a PS3 port made.

It could return the investment, and even make a little profit if those numbers come true, but throwing a multiplatform choice that would bring 1.5 or double the amount of sales for making it exclusive to the Xbox360 and 3 months to a year later figure if they need a PS3 version??? i don't buy that...

I have said it before and i'm saying it again, i'm cool with deals, it's a business, my problem is the lies, Wada or any president should be straight with the answers, and if they don't want to say them, then don't say them, but leave the made up stories to the dev teams...

gebx said:
DMeisterJ said:
Reaching much?

Why would you say "SE abandoning the PS3?"

That's called flame-bait gebx.

Didn't you just come back from banning? Have you learned nothing?

Stop derailing threads.

Square Enix is creating an U.S. studio to develop Wii and 360 games.. what would you call that?

ps -I've learned that calling Crazzyman a fanboy will get you banned...

ps x 2- You're a fanboy!

ok, that was cool.

OT: Hopfully this means a western style robot game.... too many japanese style ones.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

@Soriku

Same here bro && I expect them to do co-development with western developers also. Like BioWare and etc.
It's highly possible with this new Square Enix studio in the U.S.

I just hope things work well for them. I since the Japanese market is changing dramatically and the U.S. market is gradually taking over. We are seeing new things with the American market than the Japanese market.

The point I'm trying to make is with Japanese losing some touch in development this gives some Japanese developers like Square Enix to experience some firepower development of the likes of America developers.

Soriku said:
xlost7 said:
I expect we see a lot of western and Japanese RPG's now. A mix of both, considering if The Last Remnant does well.

Something like TLR is what I was thinking they would make. TLR looks awesome so it'd be nice if they made TLR-esque games.

It would be nice to see this new S-E US division to make Japanese-esque RPGs with Western flavor like TLR

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
gebx said:
@ Skiiuk and Pristine

A former Playstation exclusive third party developer is building a new studio that will only (for the time being) on the 360 and Wii.

I'm not spinning things here, this is a great coup for the Wii/360 and a blow to the PS3.

The thing is, when S-E was exclusive to ps2, I don't think they were necessarily paid by sony. many devs were exclusive by choice because they could focus their best on only one platform and make very good sales. Sony themselves could never stop shouting that they didn't pay for exclusives. I don't know what their PR was like during the ps1 gen because I didn't listen to PR back then.

This gen, the gap between 360 and ps3 is not enough to justify any 360-only release from a third party that isn't also multiplat to PC. I could understand the wii exclusives but the 360 ones frankly don't make sense. Perhaps they will in the future when these S-E games in question are made by americans for americans because the ps3 has a miserable 17% market share in NA.

Nah, not back then, though the fact that the PS2 was the only healthy console and Sony owned part of square-Enix didn't hurt things.

The "payoffs" occured during the PS1 era during FF7, in going PS1 over Sega Saturn or Multi-platform by use of money and the promise to market Final Fantasy in the west at the head of massive hundred million dollar advertising campaigns... and to take up all the risk by publishing it in the west.

And when "The Spirits Within" crashed and Square needed an influx of capital before enix would agree to merge with the troubled company.

cool, nice more games for the 360 and wii.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
gebx said:
@ Skiiuk and Pristine

A former Playstation exclusive third party developer is building a new studio that will only (for the time being) on the 360 and Wii.

I'm not spinning things here, this is a great coup for the Wii/360 and a blow to the PS3.

The thing is, when S-E was exclusive to ps2, I don't think they were necessarily paid by sony. many devs were exclusive by choice because they could focus their best on only one platform and make very good sales. Sony themselves could never stop shouting that they didn't pay for exclusives. I don't know what their PR was like during the ps1 gen because I didn't listen to PR back then.

This gen, the gap between 360 and ps3 is not enough to justify any 360-only release from a third party that isn't also multiplat to PC. I could understand the wii exclusives but the 360 ones frankly don't make sense. Perhaps they will in the future when these S-E games in question are made by americans for americans because the ps3 has a miserable 17% market share in NA.

Nah, not back then, though the fact that the PS2 was the only healthy console and Sony owned part of square-Enix didn't hurt things.

The "payoffs" occured during the PS1 era during FF7, in going PS1 over Sega Saturn or Multi-platform by use of money and the promise to market Final Fantasy in the west at the head of massive hundred million dollar advertising campaigns... and to take up all the risk by publishing it in the west.

And when "The Spirits Within" crashed and Square needed an influx of capital before enix would agree to merge with the troubled company.

I remember that time, Square definetly didn't want to go with the N64 because of the cartridges, and they had 2 choices, the really phreaking hard to develop Saturn (if you think the PS3 is hard to develop for, check the Saturn specs) but with gaming experience because it was by Sega, the ones that put Nintendo in check with the Megadrive, or the Playstation, with a better 3d engine than Saturn, better sound, but a rookie company just starting with no experience in the gaming department, the choice was easy once Sony presented its plan to Square, exclusivity deal, co-publishing and marketing in the west (more money for them), and they got the game, it turned out massively great, FFVII brought the series into the mainstream and is the most succesful of the main series...

The difference between that deal and now is that they didn't invented stories, they were straight...

this probably mean they are going to try to make a WRPG and get more man power.

but ugh :( why that gender?

I do not understand

Why is this in MS discussion?

Why does the thread title fail to mention the Wii?