By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysis: First week CoD WaW Wii major flop, Medal of Honor breaks 500k

Kyros said:
its the availability.

yeah sure

The Wii version will never sell as much as the other versions (except for PS2 version), but to be fair, there are a lot of supply problems. Many people on this site have a hard time to find the game, it seems Activision didn't expect the Wii version to sell any better than it did.

Around the Network

Thats why there are commercials already for the Wii version. Im not in NA so I dont know but I think Activision will addressing this problem. There are numerous posts that some people will buy this game on christmas season so this game will not stop selling anytime soon.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

the game will have legs though. If Qos is selling in steady rate why not this game?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Hey Yushire

Do you know how many online accounts there are now? It seems like about 55,000 at a guess. I'm wondering if that means it has cracked 200,000 sales as of this morning.

I wish there was a quick way to get to the bottom of the league table.

Is there a friend code swap on the site somewhere?

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Its 110,000 in sales so far. 55,000 really? Can anyone confirm this? I think chizrum should have the answer, he created this thread...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network
bazmeistergen said:

Hey Yushire

Do you know how many online accounts there are now? It seems like about 55,000 at a guess. I'm wondering if that means it has cracked 200,000 sales as of this morning.

Well, I was in about 30,000th position or so on the list after 1.5hrs of online play. I was pretty close to half-way on the list slider bar thingy. So I guessed about 55,000. I reckon between last Friday and this morning there's been some decent sales.

If there's any decency in the world this should sell a million.

Oh, and I found the code swap site.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

So Black friday gives this game endloaded. OK its legs and MOH: H2 veterans give this game a boost I think this game will sell a million on its lifetime.

I think this game will not be flopped after all...

Anyway, you can see the sale estimate of this game on this link:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=23991&region=All

But I think you already seen this. BTW bazmeistergen is this game available in your area? With that username I bet you're form germany...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

bazmeistergen said:

Hey Yushire

There is. Just go to the worldwide rankings, press either (1) or (2) to go to the top of the list, and then press up on the d-pad to go to the bottom rank.

Hmmm yea this game is difficult to tell.

Its sure gunna sell 500k but it could go either way on the 1mill by hitting it or just missing it.

Where just gunna have to wait and see.

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

the other problem is that even I tried to buy this game the first week but when i went to best buy i could not find a single copy of the game there but they had oodles of them for the other systems. I knew right away something was wrong as no way in heck the wii version would sell out over the others knowing how big they would be. Now that I have the other systems too I think I would be most likely to get the 360 version mainly because a lot of people I know play it on that. I don't know if its the retailers or publisher that determined how many of the product to stock or whether retailers wanted to push the other versions but it is what it is

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown