By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP the first nex-gen game

in my opinion i feel that LittleBigPlanet is the first true next generation game, even though i consider Metal Gear Solid 4 to be the best game i have ever played.

There is nothing like LBP on the market and it represents the consoles moving into online play.

Around the Network

sorry but not true.

Just because its innovative, doesnt mean its the first game to enter this generation.

mM

Total and utter rubbish

There was nothing like Wii sports till Nintendo launched the Wii.

Warhawk is a fairly big deal in moving consoles into the online arena.

This thread = Total Fail

So LBP is good enough to be a PS4 game or it's the first true current gen game , which ?

With the exception of technical leaps i don't think there's anything that's been done that couldn't or hasn't been done on the GC/PS2/XBOX.

still a fun gen to be in.

Around the Network

there are quite a few more innovative games than LBP out there this gen already.

I feel in my opinion that MGS4 is the first true CURRENT generation game.

4 ≈ One

iyzy said:

in my opinion i feel that LittleBigPlanet is the first true next generation game, even though i consider Metal Gear Solid 4 to be the best game i have ever played.

There is nothing like LBP on the market and it represents the consoles moving into online play.

Nothing like it because it's a platformer or because it has a level editor?

If it's because it's a platformer, well, I don't really have to list a long list of games.

If it's because it has a level editor:

• Unreal 3 (plus all the previous ones)
  • Half-Life 2
  • Quake 4
  • Doom 3
  • Scrolling Game Development Kit (2D game engine, just threw that in there to show they exist)
  • Load Runner
  • Those RPG Maker games on the PS
  • Sim City
  • The Sims
  • StarCraft
  • WarCraft

And that list goes on and on.

In LBP you dont edit, you create. Being able to share this online using a games console, is something that i have never seen before.

Funny how the most innovative game isn't on the said to be most innovative console.....