By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 beta,the best game ever

This thread will be interesting to see once the games comes out, when I can see if it was overhype, or simply hype.

Better than Crysis in graphics, and best game ever.

I kinda doubt it.

Edit: Also, we heard the same thing about R2, and we'll hear the same thing about the next hyped shooter when it hits beta. This game might be good, but "the best console game ever" is overhyped.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Kasz216 said:
So... what does it actually do that's different from a normal shooter?

Whats a normal shooter?

A shooter in which there is very little different from other shooters other then graphics?

Most shooters have the same guns and such, slightly different gameplay pacing and basically the same weapons since golden eye though they may look different and have different names.

Best game ever title Belongs to:

Resident Evil 4 or Metal Gear Solid 4.

4 ≈ One

Fishie said:
DTG said:
Narrative is one of the if not THE most important aspect of any media format or genre. Movies without any even borderline decent narrative never make it to the big screen and neither should a game with bad narrative. Also, this thread wasn't about best fps ever but best game ever period, which simply cannot be true as any game with good graphics, good gameplay plus great narrative would be better than any other game missing one of those aspects completely.

Once again, Tetris disagrees.

Block fall down, make line, watch dissapear.

Its BRILLIANT MAN.

Ah, but that's where you miss it's deeper meaning.

Tetris is a analogy for the worker in the capatlist society.  No matter how hard you work, and how many points you gain, do to having pure capitalistic means it's NEVER enough... so you keep building and building points frantically until you die...

and no matter how many points you get... you NEVER beat the game and achieve pure hapinesss.

The game is clearly showing the philisophical advantages of communism.

Why do gamers have such a low standard towards there medium where there expectations are merely an afternoon of fun while movie goers and avid book readers have come to expect a little more from their respective mediums (than just referring to it as "fun")

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Fishie said:
DTG said:
Narrative is one of the if not THE most important aspect of any media format or genre. Movies without any even borderline decent narrative never make it to the big screen and neither should a game with bad narrative. Also, this thread wasn't about best fps ever but best game ever period, which simply cannot be true as any game with good graphics, good gameplay plus great narrative would be better than any other game missing one of those aspects completely.

Its BRILLIANT MAN.

Tetris is a analogy for the worker in the capatlist society.  No matter how hard you work, and how many points you gain, do to having pure capitalistic means it's NEVER enough... so you keep building and building points frantically until you die...

and no matter how many points you get... you NEVER beat the game and achieve pure hapinesss.

But Tetris was one of the forces that brought on Perestroika in the CCCP(Soviet era Russia) and helped thaw relations between the east and the west.

Alexey Pajitnov told me so himself during one of my chats with him: http://games.kikizo.com/features/tetris_iv_dec07_p1.asp

DTG said:
Why do gamers have such a low standard towards there medium where there expectations are merely an afternoon of fun while movie goers and avid book readers have come to expect a little more from their respective mediums (than just referring to it as "fun")

We like stuff that goes BOOM.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

This thread will be interesting to see once the games comes out, when I can see if it was overhype, or simply hype.

Better than Crysis in graphics, and best game ever.

I kinda doubt it.

Edit: Also, we heard the same thing about R2, and we'll hear the same thing about the next hyped shooter when it hits beta. This game might be good, but "the best console game ever" is overhyped.

There were many people that were rather unimpressed with the R2 beta, such as myself.  Hell, you should of seen the RFoM clan on NeoGAF.  They were outright hostile about the changes made in R2.

I have yet to see anybody not impressed with Killzone's beta, however.

Edit:

One of my posts concerning the Resistance beta:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1389608

And of course, I'm not saying KZ2 iwll be the best game ever or that it looks better than Crysis, as shown through my first post in this thread.

Fishie said:
Kasz216 said:
Fishie said:
DTG said:

Its BRILLIANT MAN.

But Tetris was one of the forces that brought on Perestroika in the CCCP(Soviet era Russia) and helped thaw relations between the east and the west.

Alexey Pajitnov told me so himself during one of my chats with him: http://games.kikizo.com/features/tetris_iv_dec07_p1.asp

I was being totally sarcastic.

A game based on the beta announced as the best game ever? Now this is setting the game up for failure. If it does not end up highest rated game of all time it has failed to meet expectations.
I believe KZ2 has a chance of being a AAA title but we will have to wait when it releases in 3 to 6 months time.