By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My dog died today :-(

Having a dog that dies always sucks. One of our dogs, she went to sleep one night and never woke up. The worst part was my brother and I were at college so we couldn't be there for her. Our other dog ran away from home because she got scared by lightning and thunder one night and hopped the fence. She came back home most likely but there was no one home to let her back in so she wandered off.

I feel for you.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
makingmusic476 said:
That sucks man. :(

Create a little memorial for him in your house, then go on the hunt for a cute puppy to cheer you up. :)

Good, someone broke the ice. I've been holding my tongue. When you are ready, go to your local animal shelter and give a dog another lease on life. It doesn't have to be a puppy either. You can even get a pre-housebroken older dog. You are obviously a good home with all the infrastructure a dog needs. :)

I wish my dad would let us get a dog.  :(

He was a paper boy as kid, and one day while riding his bike a dog ran up behind him and bit him in the ass!  He hasn't been the same since.

When I move out I'll eventually get one.  I'm sure he'll never come visit me after that, lol.

My dads taken it the worst, I have never seen him cry until today. I think the plan is to go down to the dogs home in a few weeks. I think we would get another shar-pei because we are equiped to take care of them and they are notoriously hard to keep.

We are a dog based family I think. My grandad on my dads side used to keep and show dogs (Boxers) all of them beautiful and well loved. I have known dozens of dogs in my family but none like Chester, he was a real member of the family, everyone who met him fell in love instantly. He attracted loads of attention when walking him around town, you never see it with any other dogs, he was very striking.

Tough one all right they do tend to grow on you.

We have a king Charles ourselves and the kids adore him.

That sucks. Mine died earlier this year.

It's not like losing a cat or a bird. It's like losing a member of the family.

Around the Network

Sorry to hear that dude. I remember when my cat died, It was one of the most upsetting things to ever happen to me.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
That sucks. Mine died earlier this year.

It's not like losing a cat or a bird. It's like losing a member of the family.

That's true, I think if my cat died I think by the end of the week I would be feeling fine. But I think my dog will be with me for some time because it really hurts. I think it might be because dogs are not as independant as cats.

Not knocking cats or anything, they are fine. It's just that dogs are easy to grow close to because you interact with them more.

I've had 3 dogs in the past 3 years...

4 ≈ One

remember all the good times and know he had a good life

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Dude, sorry about your dog. =[

I lost a dog about 5 years ago. My parents got the dog before I was even born so he was with us for a long time.

Best wishes to you, dude.