By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP reviews Animal Crossing: City Folk

@Pichu: The issue may be that the game hasn't changed at all, and if you have played the previous ones, there's no need to play this. That's how I interpret it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I expected this. Same shyt, different toilet.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

pichu_pichu said:
I don't like the last paragraph, that's like saying -

"do you want to collect all the stars you have collected in the last Mario karts"

or

"shoot the same enemy as the previous game" if it was a shooter game

why change something that's not broken and fun?

Exactly my point. 

pichu_pichu said:
I don't like the last paragraph, that's like saying -

"do you want to collect all the stars you have collected in the last Mario karts"

or

"shoot the same enemy as the previous game" if it was a shooter game

why change something that's not broken and fun?

That's a grip with Kart too, you know?

And it's not exactly the same as a shooter, since most shooters usually build on story or new weapons, environments and such, and they offer something "new" or try to.

This apparently was a "meh, re-run"-thing.

"why change something that's not broken and fun" => because people still would like some innovation or some evolution. 

Standing still is going backwards.

Im still getting it, though after it comes down in price. I'm an Animal crossing nut :P

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Wii music was at least different. This is a game that has been released twice already with almost zero difference in versions.

I guess WiiSpeak, A city, Wiiconnect24 capabilities and Online play are just more of the same.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Honestly, I think most people saw this coming. I played the first one and liked it, but I have no desire to do it again. It wasn't fun in a way that would encourage buying the same game again. It was kinda fun to screw around with, but it wouldn't be able to hold my attention any longer.

Shadowblind said:

Im still getting it, though after it comes down in price. I'm an Animal crossing nut :P

I hope you like waiting years for a price drop.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Wii music was at least different. This is a game that has been released twice already with almost zero difference in versions.

I guess WiiSpeak, A city, Wiiconnect24 capabilities and Online play are just more of the same.

Think the difference between Pokemon Red and Pokemon Yellow. Thats more akin to what this is like(not literal difference, obviously.) As much as I love Animal Crossing, just having a city isn't enough to warrent a full price purchase for me. DS had online. Also, yeah, I could easily wait years for a price drop on THIS game. I'm not excited about it at all right now, and after reading this, I'm even less excited. I'll still end up getting it next Christmas when its $30.

Wiispeak is gonna be absolutely painful from a consumer stand point http://gizmodo.com/5087928/nintendo-says-f-you-with-one+time+use-wii-speak-code

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

@Smoked: That sounds like the DS game, with the exception of the city part.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies