By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quality Wii support has snuck up on us.

Phendrana said:
Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
No one disputes the quality of 90+ Wii games like Super Smash Bros., Zelda, or Galaxy.

What I would give to not have to correct you.

I hope you weren't taking me literally when I said "no one." The PS3 and 360's highest rated games get way more hate than any of the Wii AAA titles I named anyways.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=49541

Read this thread. The word "hate" doesn't have to be used when refusal to even acknowledge them does in a pinch.

lol @ the people who said there's nothing they'd want on the Wii. How can you call yourself a gamer and not want to play some of the best rated games this gen? Oh yeah, because they're on the Wii and wanting to play anything on the Wii automatically makes you a "casual".

Now, you understand the hardcore mind ;)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Actually, you can't tell me that TP/MP3/Mkwii is a better game than bioshock or GTAIV.  What is wrong with 8.5 score for MkWii? Is it way too high?

You're right about GTAIV, sure, because I haven't played it.

But I can tell you with a straight face that Twilight Princess is better than Bioshock.

I can tell you with a straight face that TP was better than Bioshoch aswell. I was pumped to see what people were screaming about, so I bought it for PS3. One of the biggest disapointments this gen, aswell as a waste of 60 bucks for a game that should be 30 now.

GTAIV was not even that great, come on. TP/MP3/MKWii were definitley better than GTAIV. The only one that stands a chance against it is MKWii. Way too high? Ya, kay.

just another little thing that I want to add. I love how 360/PS3 fanboys say they aren't interested on anything that's on the Wii, yet, if one of those Wii games went to another console (obviously wouldn't happen,) those people would then go buy the game. For example, the Conduit. I can see a huge amount of people going to buy that if it was on their console, and not because of graphics, just because. At the beginning of the year, I had a few of my 360 fanboy friends play No More Heroes right when it came out. Some of them laughed at it at first, so I said "hey you know this is supposed to come out of the 360?" and they replied "seriously? I might pick it up then it's good so far."

Sorry, bioshock is better. TP/Mp3/MKwii aren't that great either. Too bad that people happen to have different opinions about games and stuff. In my opinion, MK got too high score because it is mario kart. I can't see a lot of difference in mk wii or any previous iteration of that game.

Funny. I love that nintendo fanboys think that ps360 fanboys would be buying nintendo games if they were available on their platform of choice. Really, if I wanted mario&co I would have bought a wii. The conduit? You have to be joking. There are plenty of better shooters available on other consoles. I can tell you that if Conduit would be released for example on 360, no-one would care about that game. NMH could be a different case, but not with those graphics.

Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Actually, you can't tell me that TP/MP3/Mkwii is a better game than bioshock or GTAIV.  What is wrong with 8.5 score for MkWii? Is it way too high?

You're right about GTAIV, sure, because I haven't played it.

But I can tell you with a straight face that Twilight Princess is better than Bioshock.

And I disagree. Funny thing there opinions.

@ deathcape

And it's a shame that elitists like you miss out on some excellent games by writing off PS3/360 games as old, unoriginal, and generic crap that doesn't deserve a playthrough. Ignorance (and hyprocrisy) at its best.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

3rd party support as of late has been suprisingly good. CoD:WaW, Skate it and Shaun White, are all games that I did not think would be best on Wii.

outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
I say this every time... people have overlooked Web of Shadows so much, it's badass on all 3 major platforms, the reviewers giving it a bad rap is full of themselves, it's got amazing combat, awesome open world, and some of the best comic book to video game writing ever.

Also yes I have to agree with Zucas it's pretty sad to have 6s and 7s be the "average" game when it should be 5's. I also agree with Phoenix on the overrated PS360 titles, it's insane how bad they can be and still get 8s while gems like web of shadows gets 5s... It's also insane to me that people compare Wii versions to PS3 and 360 versions which they look at the graphics and usually go "this looks bad" and it's like an automatic point lower... which if you were to compare the PS360 to Wii versions then well you'd have to compare controls on PS3 and 360 to the Wii remote... and on CoD WaW Wii just obliterates the PS360 controls, if you want the content get the PC version if you don't have a good PC get the Wii version end of story.

I agreed with you up until here.

You can't assume that Wiimote FPS controls are everyones favorite. I still prefer the 360 and PS3 gamepad over Wiimote and nunchuck anyday. I'm not a big PC gamer, but I'll even take keyboard and mouse over Wiimote too. You can't make a broad statement like that on something that is subjective.

@ Montanna

I agree. People still have a theory that reviewers hate the Wii, and are to bring it down.

@ Pheonix

Handhelds are trashed by reviews. DS and PSP don't have the highest rankings ever. So no, reviewers are NOT biased against the DS. All of them still hate the PSP. But, I think you answered your own question as to why FE:RD got a 6. A Fire Emblem loved and said it was better than PoR. I'm sorry someone has a different opinion. Gamespot has put low (and high) scores for underserving games more than once. (looks at Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank Future)

What it's the truth... controls with a traditional 2 analog controller is slow, clunky, and annoying.  I mean in CoD4 on 360 I can beat the mess out of people but I get killed due to not being able to turn around to check my back and make sure no ones back there... with the Wii/PC shooters it's very easy and doesn't feel like luck that this guy just happened to spawn behind me, or just sits and waits for me to pass by cause the controls aren't accurate or fast enough to check hiding spots really fast like you can on PC/Wii games... for the lack of a better term it makes shooters almost broken on PS3/PS2/GC/Xbox/360 really it's like saying the N64 controller was better at FPS game control then dual analog... it's far more broken dual analog... really why would anyone torture themselves with inferior controls?  It really makes the game less fun to play when you die cause of poor controls instead of reaction time and instincts... which is what competition is all about and well... FPS IS the competitive "sport" of video games...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
clerk said:
3rd party support as of late has been suprisingly good. CoD:WaW, Skate it and Shaun White, are all games that I did not think would be best on Wii.

Why is CoD:WaW best on wii? It has worst scores on metacritic and looks like it is not selling either.

MaxwellGT2000 said:

What it's the truth... controls with a traditional 2 analog controller is slow, clunky, and annoying.  I mean in CoD4 on 360 I can beat the mess out of people but I get killed due to not being able to turn around to check my back and make sure no ones back there... with the Wii/PC shooters it's very easy and doesn't feel like luck that this guy just happened to spawn behind me, or just sits and waits for me to pass by cause the controls aren't accurate or fast enough to check hiding spots really fast like you can on PC/Wii games... for the lack of a better term it makes shooters almost broken on PS3/PS2/GC/Xbox/360 really it's like saying the N64 controller was better at FPS game control then dual analog... it's far more broken dual analog... really why would anyone torture themselves with inferior controls?  It really makes the game less fun to play when you die cause of poor controls instead of reaction time and instincts... which is what competition is all about and well... FPS IS the competitive "sport" of video games...

I know, I just don't get it why people would play with inferior controls/graphics/physics. Mouse+keyboard is so much better than wiimote for fps/rts and many other games. Rest of the games are better on dual analog.

Oh, you don't agree? It is nice when people have different opinions and it is even nicer when people don't represent their opinions as facts.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
I say this every time... people have overlooked Web of Shadows so much, it's badass on all 3 major platforms, the reviewers giving it a bad rap is full of themselves, it's got amazing combat, awesome open world, and some of the best comic book to video game writing ever.

Also yes I have to agree with Zucas it's pretty sad to have 6s and 7s be the "average" game when it should be 5's. I also agree with Phoenix on the overrated PS360 titles, it's insane how bad they can be and still get 8s while gems like web of shadows gets 5s... It's also insane to me that people compare Wii versions to PS3 and 360 versions which they look at the graphics and usually go "this looks bad" and it's like an automatic point lower... which if you were to compare the PS360 to Wii versions then well you'd have to compare controls on PS3 and 360 to the Wii remote... and on CoD WaW Wii just obliterates the PS360 controls, if you want the content get the PC version if you don't have a good PC get the Wii version end of story.

I agreed with you up until here.

You can't assume that Wiimote FPS controls are everyones favorite. I still prefer the 360 and PS3 gamepad over Wiimote and nunchuck anyday. I'm not a big PC gamer, but I'll even take keyboard and mouse over Wiimote too. You can't make a broad statement like that on something that is subjective.

@ Montanna

I agree. People still have a theory that reviewers hate the Wii, and are to bring it down.

@ Pheonix

Handhelds are trashed by reviews. DS and PSP don't have the highest rankings ever. So no, reviewers are NOT biased against the DS. All of them still hate the PSP. But, I think you answered your own question as to why FE:RD got a 6. A Fire Emblem loved and said it was better than PoR. I'm sorry someone has a different opinion. Gamespot has put low (and high) scores for underserving games more than once. (looks at Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank Future)

Eh, I've played MP3 and I still don't get why it's better? I like dual sticks because I can pirouette like a ballerina when I have a huge gun and combat gear, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@outlawauron

lol...I don't write of games that aren't on my favorite system..I actually like quite a few of them

but I truly hate games that are just generic and more of the same over and over again

you don't seem to get that..since EVERYONE who loves Wii/DS games most..must HATE all other games..LOL

you do know..that I love FFIV and I play it with buttons? so..yeh...are you new on this site?

outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Eh, I've played MP3 and I still don't get why it's better? I like dual sticks because I can pirouette like a ballerina when I have a huge gun and combat gear, etc.

MP3 had good controls but FAR from the best and it's set up to feel like the FPA it is which is supposed to be a little slower then most first person games.  MP3 is not a good representation of what the Wii remote can do with FPS controls, find someone with Call of Duty WaW or MoH:H2 both show what Wii FPS controls should be, though MoH:H2 is trash as far as overall game goes... play some Call of Duty WaW especially those russian missions later in the game and you'll go "IS THIS REALLY ON Wii?" it seriously looks and plays that good.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000