By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quality Wii support has snuck up on us.

After Mario Kart Wii, nothing on the immediate horizon (IN MY, MY HONEST OPINION) was interesting or warranted a purchase. After Mario Kart was Animal Crossing.

In between these two games, we got:

Monster Lab, Shaun White Snowboarding, Smackdown vs Raw 2009, and de Blob. 4 titles which barely any of us thought would be especially good, but ended up being solid releases. Don't forget Call of Duty: World At War.

The Wii has more titles coming up in the next few weeks that could surprise us as well.

Castlevania Judgment? Sonic Unleashed? Rygar? We'll see.......

*I wanted to add Facebreaker K.O. Party to the surprise list, but I frown upon that title*

EDIT: Castlevania Judgment got a 7.5, Sonic Unleashed got a 7.2, and Facebreaker K.O. Party received a 7.0. Support has snuck up on us!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

That's a pretty weak lineup, considering the time lapse between MKWii and AC:CF even though we don't know if the game will be a "quality" title yet.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It's not really snuck up on us, it's more, they weren't hyped like most hd consoles games. So nobody really talked about them. Hype sells, most of the time.

What about Wario Shake or Disaster Day of Crisis? (at least in Europe)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

RolStoppable said:
Soma said:
What about Wario Shake or Disaster Day of Crisis? (at least in Europe)

These two games are generally not acknowledged by SaviorX.

I said quality, not tripe. If I wanted to mention games that would put me to sleep like warm milk, I would've mentioned them. They are first-party anyways.

J/K

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I actually want WaW, I've never been interested in Animal Crossing.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I will wait until 09 for Punch out! and S&P2 meawhile I might get either ds games or gh:wt.

I bump this thread because the questionable games listed above have received IGN reviews.

de Blob was actually hyped a fair amount, but most of that was a year ago. Basically they hyped it too soon before launch. Some stuff you can stretch out years in advance (like Starcraft II), but... not a new IP like de Blob...

I don't mean to be rude, but the PS3 and 360 are getting dozens of games in the 80% and 90% range, while the Wii gets a couple of games in the 70% range? I reiterate that I'm not trying to be rude or troll. No one disputes the quality of 90+ Wii games like Super Smash Bros., Zelda, or Galaxy. But these games don't seem that great. Hell, with a score like that, Sonic Unleashed actually seems to be a huge disappointment.