By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game will be Shooter of the year?

shio said:
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
Gears of War 2 will never be Shooter of the year because it can't be played with a mouse+keyboard.

That never stopped GoldenEye and the Halo series from taking the honors. If you mean your personal opinion on the best shooter, than sure, rock on with that mouse and keyboard. If we are supposed to be talking about what we believe will get the honors, I don't think there are any sane answers other than Gears 2, when all platforms are considered.

They won best console shooter, not overall.

1997 - Quake II was the best shooter easy.

2001 - Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Operation Flashpoint, Tribes 2, Serious Sam, etc... take your pick.

Just give me a valid reason how Goldeneye was a better game than Quake 2, or Halo was better than RTCW, OP or Tribes 2.

The thing is, your arguments here are based upon your reasoning and not your opinion.

First, you asserted that no game that doesn't use mouse and keyboard controls could be better than a equal shooters with mouse and keyboard controls.

Then, someone cited a few examples in which they feel make your opinion moot.

So, you try to marginalize those examples.

Thing is, there are always going to be valid examples that run contrary to your opinion.

So, you can never prove those wrong, you can just get into a "my opinion is better than yours, obviously" type of argument.

Instead, you should focus on your original argument, that games on consoles have controls that are "too poor" to be competitive with PC games.

Of course, in this case, your argument is elitist and misrepresentative of the truth with a secret motive of flaming console gaming, imo, but you should still stick with it. Sometimes you are a little too quick to promote your PC agenda. Don't forget, L4D is also a 360 game. Fans of single player campaigns will never prefer it to Gears 2, no matter how well in controls. That's why I chose Gears 2. The local-coop is as fun as any multiplayer I've ever enjoyed, and the single player campaign blows anything else this year away, since L4D has no single player campaign, unless you wanna play with bots.

...but come on man, I've played OF, and RtCW, and is Tribes 2 even considered a shooter?

Halo sucks, alright, but Halo: Combat Evolved was actually a really great, and innovative single player experience.

...and yes, I played in on the PC, and the later on the original Xbox. It was the same experience.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I knew it!!!!!!!!!! I knew games like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect couldn't have been RPG's!!!!!

J/K

4 ≈ One

Gears of War 2.

Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
Gears of War 2 will never be Shooter of the year because it can't be played with a mouse+keyboard.

That never stopped GoldenEye and the Halo series from taking the honors. If you mean your personal opinion on the best shooter, than sure, rock on with that mouse and keyboard. If we are supposed to be talking about what we believe will get the honors, I don't think there are any sane answers other than Gears 2, when all platforms are considered.

Both of you DO know that GeoW2 and Halo can be played with a mouse+keyboard, yeah? Seriously, what prevents them from being played that way?

SW-5120-1900-6153

I don't care for any of them really, but Gear of War will probablly take the cake...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
Comrade Tovya said:
I don't care for any of them really, but Gear of War will probablly take the cake...

well i put you can suggest diffrent answers

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

monkeyman40210 said:
Comrade Tovya said:

Also, I'm all for the fun of it, but the worst way to measure quality of anything is to poll people who are probably biased, and also who haven't played all the games on that list.

This is basically a popularity contest.

That said, by Zenfoldor, when the 360 exclusive is winning by double.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
monkeyman40210 said:
Comrade Tovya said:

Also, I'm all for the fun of it, but the worst way to measure quality of anything is to poll people who are probably biased, and also who haven't played all the games on that list.

This is basically a popularity contest.

That said, by Zenfoldor, when the 360 exclusive is winning by double.

well no matter what you do the results will be biased, i just did this to see what the popular votes would be, plus all polls  are biased anyway. Left 4 Dead isn't even out yet so no one played that. But i see what you are saying

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

thetonestarr said:
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:

Both of you DO know that GeoW2 and Halo can be played with a mouse+keyboard, yeah? Seriously, what prevents them from being played that way?

Huh? Do you mean Gears of War? GOW2 isn't out for PC so I don't see how it could be played with a keyboard. Regarding Halo, it did eventually go to PC, but my point was that the console version in 2001 got many awards over PC shooters, so the blanket statement that nothing other than PC shooters can be shooter of the year is wrong, since they have been awarded it in the past. I'm sure what shio eally meant to say originally is...

"I understand that Gears of War 2 will most likely walk off with countless more awards from multiplatform publications and that insults me and boils my blood, so I will inject my opinion as fact to get an internet forum win and calm my blood pressure down."

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

monkeyman40210 said:
Comrade Tovya said:

I know brother, that's why I said Gear of War would take the cake... even though I don't really care for it, it will still probablly win the shooter of the year bragging rights... just because I don't care for it doesn't mean the it's not a good game.. I'm just one man

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya