By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii could sell for over 15 years.

Every console have a life cycle of 5 years or so since the begining of consoles war history. Why would it be different now? I don't see next Nintendo console be release in 2016 particularly while it doesn't have HD. The next Nintendo console will certainly release in 2012.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
woopah said:
i believe wii sports resort is believed to be the last in the seires, at least for a while

Highly doubtful, Nintendo isn't going to kill off its lucrative cash cow any time soon, no next up is Wii fit 2

Also Wii could survive 15 years, the NES was still selling almost 20 years after its launch, however after about 7-8 years at the latest, another nintendo console will release

Really the NES was still selling in 2005 (3 years ago)? Where in hell did people buy those brand new NES in 2005? 

15 year life cycle? That's like 3 times the average life cycle of a console. Windows XP was pushing it with 7 years, and you suggest 15 years for the Wii?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

nope. Nintendo will have to put out another console around the same time as MSony. However, like the PS2, as the dominant console it will continue to sell decently for a few more years after.

Wii will definitely have a 10yr life.

third party will not support it that long.

and how many remades nintendo will have to do to make that possible?

we already are drained of games.

Around the Network

The answer is no, Nintendo wouldn't allow the money they've invested in R&D since the Wii launched for their next console to go down the drain by allowing the Wii to last 15 years (by which stage that R&D would also be useless).

simply ludacris to think that a console could live 15 yrs.  Wii isnt even the best looking out there so why would it be a contender when Sony and Microsoft showcase and launch new hardware?  despite its sales figures, wii is the worst of the big 3.   i for one am tired of upgraded staples such as Mario, MK, Mario Golf.  Honestly Wii is staying in Elementary while Sony and Microsoft go to College.   ha. 

Zeethr said:

simply ludacris to think that a console could live 15 yrs.  Wii isnt even the best looking out there so why would it be a contender when Sony and Microsoft showcase and launch new hardware?  despite its sales figures, wii is the worst of the big 3.   i for one am tired of upgraded staples such as Mario, MK, Mario Golf.  Honestly Wii is staying in Elementary while Sony and Microsoft go to College.   ha. 

Wii's offering a lot of different types of gaming experience and this is why it sell so much. Now PS360 doesn't have a lot to offer except shooter games. Are'nt you tired of that? Wii is far of being the worst of the big 3.

Rol's post is evenhanded and bears reading by the general posters on this board.

atma998 said:
Zeethr said:

Wii's offering a lot of different types of gaming experience and this is why it sell so much. Now PS360 doesn't have a lot to offer except shooter games. Are'nt you tired of that? Wii is far of being the worst of the big 3.

Clearly you are not an owner of either.