By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WOAH at IGN hands on of Sonic Unleashed

guys is IGN loading VERY SLOWLY....as in its not loaded for 10 min...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

w00t. It'd be nice to have a good Sonic game...How many years in a row have I said that?

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

woopah said:
so far it seems like sega will make most of theirt money from wii games

No.

Every 5 year old with a wii is going to get this game because of the little blue bastard.

Untouch said:
woopah said:

No.

Every 5 year old with a wii is going to get this game because of the little blue bastard.

And this 21 year old. I just have to buy everything with him..............doesn't always turn out to be the best thing (damn you zero gravity).

izaaz101 said:
Untouch said:
woopah said:

No.

And this 21 year old. I just have to buy everything with him..............doesn't always turn out to be the best thing (damn you zero gravity).

And this 21 year old too. Although I'm undecided on the system. PS3 or Wii? PS3 seemed like the safe bet but now I'm not sure.

Around the Network
Rick1331 said:
izaaz101 said:
Untouch said:
woopah said:

No.

And this 21 year old too. Although I'm undecided on the system. PS3 or Wii? PS3 seemed like the safe bet but now I'm not sure.

I only have one system, so no choice for me (although, I suppose I could buy it for my brother-in-laws PS3 and play it there). I hope it's like Secret Rings, which I enjoyed, even though it had some faults.

Yeah like the music? The main track just didn't fit the theme at all. But overall I thought Secret Rings was a good effort. The only motion trouble was reversing...

Unleashed Wii uses the wiiremote and nunchuck by the looks of things, on the IGN preview you can see gesture based homing attack, drift and side step which all look pretty good.

Rick1331 said:
Yeah like the music? The main track just didn't fit the theme at all. But overall I thought Secret Rings was a good effort. The only motion trouble was reversing...

Unleashed Wii uses the wiiremote and nunchuck by the looks of things, on the IGN preview you can see gesture based homing attack, drift and side step which all look pretty good.

I liked the main song......but by itself. It didn't belong in a Sonic game. I didn't like the reversing, some of the camera issues (especially when the dinosaurs were chasing you) and the whole "RPG" system of moves.

After reading the posts now I understand why 3rd parties are afraid of developing major multiplat and exclusive titles on the Wii. OH NO the graphics isnt as good as the PS360 version NO BUY! >:|

OH NO there are no modes on the Wii version that isnt on the Ps360 its gimped I wont buy it! Even it can be worse, it could be a PSP/Ps2 port all over again and if the Wii version sell as much and exceed 3rd parties expectations they will reconsider to develop the Wii version more. But I guess it wont happen since you will not buy it right?

And now... UGH Sonic turned into a werehedgehog what did they to my Sonic and why the graphics isnt in par with HD versions I wont buy it! And Im not finished with Sonic and the Black Knight I mean did Sonic have a sword? LAME...

This personal biases will ruin the core fanbase on the Wii and Im not really surprised if quality core titles bombed its Wii core owner's fault anyway...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

bdbdbd said:
kuraobi said:
The first part makes you think Sega is really dumb... then the last sentence says at least the did something right.

Not really... VGChartz shows the sales of 1,84 million for Sonic and the Secret Rings, when PS3 and 360 versions of Sonic the Hedgehog are combined in about 1,3 million. Not to mention Mario & Sonic, which is 5,78 million and Sonic Riders 0,57 million. You can clearly notice that the Sonic audience is on the Wii.

So, what Sega does, is put the money where they're expected to get the bigges return. So, if Sonic Unleashed sells with the same ratio that Hedhog/Secret Rings did, Sega would be very stupid not to put effort into the Wii version, instead of PS360 version.

Dont forget sega superstar tennis which is really Sonic Tennis in disguise. It outsells the PS360 versions combined and still selling...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg