By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So you want your girlfriend/boyfriend to game...

So the significant other calls me from Gamestop of all places...that NEVER would happen in this world...and says, "Honey I bought you  a present."  Visions of Left 4 Dead or Resistance 2 or Fallout 3 dance in my head.  But I knew it would be Wii because that's what we play together.  Hmmm....been wanting a few....Boom Blox.  Zack & Wiki.  These have been discussed with some half interest from the resident non-gamer.

So I pour some wine, cook some dinner and settle in for a night playing the new purchase.  Which is....(drumroll)...the fraking Price is Right.  And it's not good.  But non-gamer LOVES it.  6 hours later, it's 4:45 a.m. and I will be dreaming of Showcase Showdowns.  I will say there are some pretty funny moments along the way, but the game is stupid.  There's all these weird rules, especially when you play against someone else.  Very odd.

Maybe it's not to bad to game on one's own.  *sigh*

Just thought I'd share the tale of woe.  Who knew I'd ever be begging to put Mario Party 8 back in?  lol  (that's the other torturous fave).    7 systems and 200+ games in the house and I spend 6 hours playing Price is Right - and of course when we're done, the excitement was TOO much - too tired for "anything else" tonight.  

Wonder if there's any wine left?

Anybody else got a story like this?  Or is this what I have to look forward to in purgatory?

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

I guess I had enough wine - meant to post this in off-topic, but must have been thinking about the Wii. My bad.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Sorry dude. My girlfriend bought me Eternal Darkness. :D

i played counter strike with my, and she was really good, we broke up but we still good friends :P

DOnt really care for girl gamers, but its ok I guess.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

I don't have any stories like that but, dude, price is right. lol I wasn't expecting that, and neither were you, obviously. haha

Ouch......

Best we ever played were board games...... and cards....

4 ≈ One

My wifey lets me pick all of our games (including the ones she plays) and she never gets mad when I come home with another FPS. I just throw her some Mario (any of them) and she doesn't throw up any gripes.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

My sister told me she found a Game Boy game for me to play. I figured she meant Gameboy Advance. However, it was in fact a Gameboy Color game, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, The Animated Series.

I'm looking at it on the floor right now, and I'm never going to pick it up.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

She likes tom clancy games and racing games... So that is what she would buy me ; )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut