By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What the **** is up with Gametrailers reviews?

I never trust reviews, and never have. I rarely read them, but I very often watch the reviews on Gametrailers, for pure entertainment. While I don't really trust their score, they sometimes clear other things up for me, so I enjoy watching them for games I'm interested in.

That said, what the hell? More often than not, they go around talking about a game, focusing mainly on it's good points, and then they turn around and give it a bad score, and vice versa. I just saw the Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts reviews, and he hardly had anything good to say about it all, besides the graphics, yet it gets a 6.7. In my opinion, he practically talked about it as if it should be a 2.5 or 3, and I just don't get why they either praise a game like crazy or flame it like crazy, and then the score doesn't seem to reflect it at all. Does anyone else feel this way about Gametrailers' reviews, or reviews in general?

Around the Network

Yea, reviews is getting less and less meaningful, as more and more reviewers are paid by the gaming companies.

I really don't think that's it, when they give the game a verbal thrashing and then a score that doesn't represent said thrashing

It'd be better if they just got rid of the score.

Did a game reviewer (let's say Karl Lingon) kill your son David, an act which you can never forgive, by any chance?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Gametrailers doesn't have the credibility of a review site like IGN and they shouldn't be reviewing games. I also hate that sites like metacritic include reviews from non review sites like gametrailers and destuctoid.

matt247 said:
Gametrailers doesn't have the credibility of a review site like IGN and they shouldn't be reviewing games. I also hate that sites like metacritic include reviews from non review sites like gametrailers and destuctoid.

IGN is a news site. What makes them more credible than anyone else, exactly?

I think gametrailers is very good, they can always use footage to back up their claims

Gametrailers has never had particularly good reviews.  They are still interesting to watch though.

Why are people defending their reviews? It's not the reviews themselves I'm taking an issue with here :/ Did you guys read the opening post?